What's new

Iron Man sequel news (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Terrance Howard wouldn't be my first choice for the character. Maybe Samuel L. Jackson, I could use a good shouting superheroe. "I SAID..., I'M HERE TO HELP MANKIND DAMMIT". (Couldn't resist):).

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I liked the Rhodey character, but I know a lot of Iron Man comic fans found the creation of War Machine in the early 90s to be the beginning of the end for the quality of the first series. War Machine was a response to the darker, violent trend that was moving through comics during its speculative boom.

For a proposed sequel I'd like to see the Mandarin, since he truly is Shellhead's best-known nemesis. An appearance by the Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man would be fun as well!

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
The Avengers: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.

That would kick holy ass. Who would they fight, though? Doctor Doom has been soured by FF.

All I know is, Marvel does it right. I'm officially excited for the future of comic book films.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Just pisses me off that Warner/DC can't get their crap together. :frowning:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The Avengers would fight Ultron. They'd have to, right? Because there's no explaining Kang.

And it looks like they were setting up Iron Man 2 to use the Mandarin, although I'm guessing a somewhat different version of him than the comic - the shadowy terrorist group being called "The Ten Rings" can't be a coincidence, right?

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Marvel's plans are definitely exciting to me, though the logical side of me is saying I'll need to see how one or two of these movies turn out before giving them complete faith.

I've heard good internet buzz on the Thor script, though from what I heard I didn't necessarily think it would easily fit into their shared universe. I thought the story was much more Asgard-centric.

I wonder, if the Hulk is included in the Avengers movie, whether Edward Norton has any clause in his contract to be involved with it. I know things did not go 100% smoothly between him and Marvel on TIH, so I'm not sure how eager either side is to work together again.

For the Avengers, I think going with Ultron would be pretty cool, though again there is room for set-up there (introduce the character as an assistant to Hank Pym). Doom - at least a better movie version - would be a good choice, but I don't think Marvel controls the film rights for that character. I cuold easily see them going with the first storyline from The Ultimates and make the villains an invading alien force.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I'd probably go with making Ultron some piece of rogue Stark tech, myself. Aside from not knowing whether the movie Ant-Man is going to be Henry Pym, Scott Lang, or Eric O'Grady (and I have to admit, I'm kind of pulling for Eric), and artificially-intelligent adaptive robot just seems more like something Stark would build, rather than someone like Pym, who is supposedly a biochemist. Just because Stan Lee didn't realize/care how specialized the sciences were 40 years ago doesn't mean the movies shouldn't try do better.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I read a blurb about the Ant-Man and Egdar Wright's intentions. He is looking to have both Pym and Lang, with one in the 60's as as flashback (maybe) and the other as the one who inherits the mantle, for lack of a better word, in modern times.

Not sure if I get that but it sounds fun. I am super excited that Wright is attached to it. I love the talent in front and behind the camera for Marvel right now.

I think they might get more mileage out of the second Ultimate's storyline. They basically fought the "Anti-Avengers" with evil-ish versions of themselves...a supersoldier from the middle east, the Abomination, Loki, etc.

I am jazzed for all the characters they are looking to do so far. What would be great is if they allow each filmmaker to create their own vision and style for each. Do Thor as a fantasy, not a comic book hero (though I like the green-earther version in Ultimates). Capt. America as a war movie, etc.

Anyway, glad they hit it out of the park for the first flick. Will let people breath a bit before Hulk.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Well, I would personally take Batman Begins and Superman Returns against just about any Marvel movie ever made.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, Wright's Ant-Man is the Marvel movie that I'm most interested in seeing, largely because I feel that Wright has the most potential to really do something interesting and fun with the concept, instead of doing the obvious like making a superhero sitcom.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
So far I agree with BB. But I'd take Spidey 2 alongside BB, and Spidey 2, X2, and Iron Man ahead of Superman Returns. And I think todd is talking about crossover potential, which DC is screwing the pooch on. Majorly. Even though they are ALL WB movies.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The idea that this movie may become a reality is very exciting.

I would guess:
Capt America, Iron Man, Antman, Wasp (introduced in the Antman film maybe) and maybe a appearance by the Hulk.
I read this somewhere, I dont remember where. Its a spoiler about a scene that will appear after the credits in Incredible Hulk....
TB Ross will approach Stark asking him/Iron Man/Stark Technolgy to help stop the Hulk

I can definitely see Ultron in a film,originating from Stark Enterprises somehow. Adamantuim has already been introduced in X-Men.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Of course not. I believe scarface *was* the Mandarin. When introduced, he was playing with his ring. And, he definitely has a mad-on for Stark.

Edit: just to update with new information I've read, that was not the Mandarin with a new background, but his underling. According to the Iron Man novelization (reportedly), he--Raza--refers to one higher than himself in the 10 Rings organization.

Shaun

Second Unit
Don't forget, if The Incredible Hulk ends up being a hit, an inevitable sequel will follow. I wonder how and where that will fit in with Marvel's plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks