What's new

Some Like It Hot: CE defect? (1 Viewer)

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I recently bought the 2 disc "Some Like It Hot" Collector's Edition. I watched it tonight & at 54:14 there is a really jarring pixelation. I have not seen this mentioned in any reviews of the disc. Is my disc defective or is this a problem with the actual transfer encode? Does anybody else's disc do this?

f_Untitledm_32747b9.jpg

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I just exchanged the first copy for another & it still has the same defect. I've also checked the disc on 3 different players & it's doing it on all of them.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I'm not sure how to tell, but I doubt it because it is in the middle of chapter 11. I may be wrong, but I believe all the layer changes I've ever noticed while watching DVDs before have occured at actual chapter breaks.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
No pixelation for me. It did play like a layer change, though, with a brief pause/still screen.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I tried my brand new copy I just purchased and no pixelation. However it does look like there is a layer change at that time segment of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks