What's new

Signal degradation in receivers video treatment ? (1 Viewer)

Michael Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator
When feeding a receiver with a HD signal from a blu ray player does it matter what video chip the receiver has, or is that only used for upscaling non 1080p source material? Does the realta chip for exsample in any way effect a 1080p signal.

I would prefer the receiver just being transperent to a 1080p signal. Does that depend on the brand of the receiver or will every receiver always just pass a 1080p signal without any treament.

On my current receiver, denon avc-a1se, I read in a review that they messured a small difference using the video via the receiver compared to a direct signal from the dvd to tv.

Basically I would just prefer for the blu ray to be directly connected to the tv, but if the receiver is transperent it dosent matter, and if the video chip is just used for upscaling that isnt a priority for me.

Im sure someone will clarify this for me.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

All receivers, whether equipped with an upscaling chip or not, can pass the 1080p signal to a 1080p TV without any additional processing. The upscaling features would only be used on non-1080p signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks