What's new

Any word on X Men 1 & 2 comming to Blu-ray ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Has anyone here heard if X-Men or X-Men 2 will be coming out on Blu-ray anytime soon? I already own X-Men 3 on Blu-ray and own the first two on SD-DVD. But would rather own the first two on Blu-ray. I am hopping that Fox does not make us wait to long to get the first two films in HD.

The X-Men trilogy is high on my list of must haves and while we have the third film. I would be nice to own the first two on Blu-ray with DTS-HD MA tracks. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I'm pretty sure these are two titles that Bill Hunt mentioned Fox was trying to have ready for the holiday season.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Sweeeeeeeeeet
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

I hope X-Men and X-Men 2 comes out at the end of the year, that would be awsume. :D I can not wait to own the complete X-Men trilogy on Blu-ray. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The Wolverine spin off movie is scheduled for next year. I would expect shortly before that release ( or in the fall with it's vid release) is the earliest we'll see the first two X-men films on Bd.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, with the "synergy" of the other Marvel titles coming in the fall (Iron-man, Incredible Hulk) I don't see them having to wait for Wolverine to come out.

Shaun

Second Unit
I'm sure we'll get both X-Men and X2 fairly soon. And, I'm sure they'll be over-priced and feature-less, like all Fox releases. :frowning:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I watched X-Men 2 recently on an Oppo 983 and was really disappointed with just how soft (even for DVD) it looked. It also had its share of artifacting too. I'm very much looking forward to a Blu-ray release.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The 'Bits has related info in the past on big titles that hasn't panned out. Last year they said the original Alien was likey for the first half of this year. The year before that, there would absolutely be a huge 30th ann set for Star Wars. I'm not accusing Mr Hunt of lying, I realize this is what he hears. But most of us have been around the block here a few times to realize how this works. It is a rarity to see a given property make it out well in advance of synergistic promotion for a related theatrical product or sequel. I suppose there is a chance that Fox could release the first two this year and then offer some kind of discounted (or more feature laden) repackage a year later with the Wolverine vid release, but my gut says spring next year is more likely- unless Fox is missing big summer movies this year. A void there might push the two X films further ahead in the queque sooner. We'll see. Even Mr Hunt usually is sure to add the caveat that 'remember- plans can always change' . I've been meaning to pull out the old dvds and see how they look on my current pj. They had always looked great before on the XGA with just a good prog scan player.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
With the Wolverine movie coming out I guess it would make sense that they would wait for X-Men 1 & 2 to be released on Blu-ray. I have not been keeping on top of new movies coming out so when I started this thread. I did not know that the new Wolverine movie was coming out. But now that I now that it is, I would not be surprised if Fox is waiting for Wolverine to hit video before releasing the first two X-Men. This still does not change the fact that I really want the first two movies in HD. And as long as they do a good job on Wolverine, I can see that title being added to my Blu-ray collection as well.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
How does X-3 look on Blu?

Ive been holding out myself and pick all three up in a set.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
IMHO X-Men3 looks great and sounds just as good. The only thing I am unable to do is take full advantage of DTS-HD MA. That is something I completly exspect to remedy before November. I exspect to upgrade my current Yamaha 995 to ether a Denon 3808ci or Onkyo 805 or 905, depending on cash flow.

I can not wait for the first two X-Men to hit Blu-ray! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
X3 does look quite good and very filmlike. The DTS-MA track is just as impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.