What's new

The Venture Bros. Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So what does everyone think of the new season? Personally, I'm enjoying it but it doesn't seem as good as the previous 2 seasons. Which is exactly what I felt happened to It's Always Sunny...

Thoughts?

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I couldn't disagree more. I just caught up with the series and am enjoying it as much or more than previus. The first was awesome and the second season is even better than the first and the third is right in line as far as quality in my mind. Can't wait for more.
I thought the return of Henry Killinger was hilarious and the whole Dr. Girlfriend and Monarch storyline is awesome.

If anyone hasn't seen this series you are really missing out. It's not just a good cartoon it's a great TV show.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
wow, the latest episode (Ventronic!) was great... can't wait for the next. i guess the museum episode should have came before the sea cow episode, because Sea Cow lead right into this one. henchmen 21+24 are a riot.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
They are the perfect combination of expendible and invulnerable.

I was laughing so hard when he said "Let me tell you about Speedy". I had just watched that scene on adultswim.com in "Brock's 10 best beatdowns".

I hope we don't have to wait for Season 4 to find out why the Monarch hates Dr. Venture so much. I liked the earlier episodes exchanged between Tim-Tom, Kevin, and Dr. Girlfriend. "You didn't answer the question".

Maybe in Season 4 we can find out what happened to Dr. Jonas Venture.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
this episode didn't make a whole lot of sense - particulary how the henchmen got into the base. they start off walking down a cocoon hall way, then they're climbing out of one of the Ventronic ships inside the Venture Jr. hanger, THEN they're swimming into a underground pool type room. i assumed they were planted into the laser cannon that purposely broke and fell into the water, where they would swim secretly into the base. so the climbing-out-of-the-Ventronic-ship made no sense.

also, the whole logic of the Guild rulebook makes no sense in this episode. Monarch has killed X # of protagonists already, and is trying to kill Venture, yet Venture isn't allowed to try to kill Monarch? and i would think the not-OSI would be dealing with the Guild directly like a proper Union in these kinds of disputes (which is what makes this show so funny) intead of just telling Jonas that Monarch deserves to die.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Any news on a DVD for season 3? I haven't been able to watch any of season 3 (no more DVR) and am debating on paying $20 for the season on I-Tunes, or wait for the DVD (which I will buy anyway).

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yes. In fact, they seem to be posting them on the site before they air. This Sundays episode is already online.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I've already erased the episode from my DVR, but I thought the henchmen exited the cocoon and got aboard the X-1 during the earlier part of the battle, hitching a ride back to Spiderskull island that way. Hence their appearance in the hanger. The undergound pool thing was on the island - an underground chamber not connected to the outside world, just one of Jonas Venture's holding tanks or something. They were passing through it in order to move about undetected, not coming ashore on the island that way.

Anyway, that's how I remember it. Anyone care to correct either version?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
(I really don't have time to rewatch the episode on the site today.)

Joe

EricW

Senior HTF Member
yeah that makes sense.
btw the latest episode ORB is amazing. the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" reference was so cool. this show is going to have an epic season finale.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Well we now know how Dr. Jonas Venture died.

Did anyone else have trouble understanding anything from the flashbacks or grammaphone? I really couldn't hear many words distinctly and just kind of caught pieces to figure out what was being said.

I liked the direct references to Johnny Quest and also the original SpiderMan cartoon with Rusty Venture playing the part of Scorpion caught in the web/net. I'm sure there were a few others.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This season started out kind of "eh" to me, but right now I think it's probably the best. The self-referential material is hilarious and the writers seem to know what they can get away with without being too self-indulgent in their work.

Also, the Monarch's reason for why he always sends those two henchmen on every mission was great. Especially taken in the context of what happened on the mission.

I heard a rumor that they already ordered a 4th, but final, season. Anyone else hear this?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
yeah the 4th season is already in production. but if it's the last, i haven't heard anything about it.
btw here's the latest rumours on the series, based on past episodes, spoilerized:
Venture Sr. did not die, but faked his death and joined the Guild. why? maybe he knew his son would never amount to much and wanted to control the bad guys. or maybe he just figured he could do more good controlling the bad guys (past episodes with the Guild's 13 included a voice similar to Sr). another rumour is that Venture Sr. had a twin (twins run in the family), who had a kid (the Monarch), and is on the Guild, 'looking out' for both Monarch and Rusty, both inept at what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks