What's new

"Dark City: Director's Cut" coming to Blu-ray on July 29 (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
htf_imgcache_28798.png

$34.99 SRP
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ques...p?startpage=32

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
D'oh! I told my wife I wouldn't even THINK about looking at BluRay players until Christmas time. Then THIS comes along. My birthday is in July, though... maybe I can talk her into birthday time instead. :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Fanfuckingtastic!
htf_imgcache_28801.gif
htf_imgcache_28802.gif
htf_imgcache_28803.gif
htf_imgcache_28804.gif
htf_imgcache_28805.gif
htf_imgcache_28806.gif
htf_imgcache_28807.gif
htf_imgcache_28808.gif
htf_imgcache_28809.gif

But........
htf_imgcache_28810.gif
where's the source on this? That link doesn't work.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
We need more.
The link doesn't work, and it's odd that there would be cover art available ahead of official announcement. So far there's been nothing but second-hand chatter about this release.
The illustration looks dubious.
I remain doubtful (but hopeful).

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The link is for the online edition of Home Media Magazine. I assume it was a full page ad on that page. We've received big release news via that method before (Golden Compass comes to mind). The issue was up this morning, but I only looked at the first 4-5 pages.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'll buy this even though I don't even own a BD player! Still waiting on Profile 2.0 and the players to be more affordable before I jump officially to Blu. Pain in the ass watching them at a friends house...
I loved this the very first time I watched it. I didn't even know what the hell the opening narration was talking about and I felt like Rufus Sewell's character in the film. Full 5/5 stars. Hopefully they don't skimp on the extras!

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Brandon Conway said:
The link is for the online edition of Home Media Magazine. I assume it was a full page ad on that page. We've received big release news via that method before (Golden Compass comes to mind). The issue was up this morning, but I only looked at the first 4-5 pages.
For one reason or another, I haven't tuned in to this site before. Thanks. Looks fairly informative for home media stuff.
After looking through the current edition, I didn't see any reference to 'Dark City', either full page or small corner. If I overlooked it, or anybody has more info on the coming of the BD edition, please let us know.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Wait, that looks like the same font Warner Bros. used for the Two-Disc Special Editions of the 1989-1997 BATMAN series on DVD. Looks a bit fishy to me!:crazy:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Brandon Conway said:
did you get that issue, the latest digital edition i got was a few days ago and jumper was on the cover.
jumper is the 4/20 issue, this is also the most recent issue on the website.
HomeMediaMagazine.com | Bringing Digital Entertainment To You
that link at the top post also has "page 32' and "042708" in the link so it must have been posted then pulled.
there is a new edition due today.
anyway, call me when the news includes the theatrical version too.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Ray_R said:
Wait, that looks like the same font Warner Bros. used for the Two-Disc Special Editions of the 1989-1997 BATMAN series on DVD. Looks a bit fishy to me!:crazy:
Given this releases proximity to the release date of the next theatrical Batman movie, it makes sense they would try get some mileage out of an implied association. What I don't get is why so many people here are having geekgasms over it. Were all of you that unhappy with the theatrical cut that you NEED to see the film radically altered before you can really appreciate it? Even though this is one Warner title that will not have to be downgraded to fit within 30gbs, I don't get the impression that it's going to be the 'everything + the kitchen sink' kind of release that certain people kept promising (disingenuously) the format would deliver based on the virture of disc capacity alone. I would love to get Dark City on Blu-ray...but I'm just not going to be able to get excited by another director putting out another take it or leave it re-jiggering of something that wasn't broken to begin with. At least give us seamless branching...especially since this format has been puffing its chest from the very begining about how much more it would be able to do in a circumstance like this. Time for the money to be put where the mouth has been. Otherwise all I can look forward to is yet another rental, with a possible purchase ( if I feel the director's cut has value to me)somewhere farther down the line.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I have the open matte version on DVHS I taped off HBO some years back. I can't wait for this. One of my most favorite fantasy/sci-fi movies of all time.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Paul_Scott said:
Given this releases proximity to the release date of the next theatrical Batman movie, it makes sense they would try get some mileage out of an implied association. What I don't get is why so many people here are having geekgasms over it. Were all of you that unhappy with the theatrical cut that you NEED to see the film radically altered before you can really appreciate it? Even though this is one Warner title that will not have to be downgraded to fit within 30gbs, I don't get the impression that it's going to be the 'everything + the kitchen sink' kind of release that certain people kept promising (disingenuously) the format would deliver based on the virture of disc capacity alone. I would love to get Dark City on Blu-ray...but I'm just not going to be able to get excited by another director putting out another take it or leave it re-jiggering of something that wasn't broken to begin with. At least give us seamless branching...especially since this format has been puffing its chest from the very begining about how much more it would be able to do in a circumstance like this. Time for the money to be put where the mouth has been. Otherwise all I can look forward to is yet another rental, with a possible purchase ( if I feel the director's cut has value to me)somewhere farther down the line.
I don't know about others, but personally, I'm just glad to see this one coming soon on BD. I would probably be happy enough w/ just the theatrical version, and like you, I'd want both versions included (via seamless branching), not just the Director's Cut, if it does come w/ the DC. Also, would be great to have some good extras, including Ebert's commentary track.
Hopefully, they indeed won't end up just giving us the DC w/out the theatrical version...
_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks