What's new

Any news/rumors re: Reaper, Journeyman?? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering if their has been any news and/or rumors about the following shows coming to dvd?

-Reaper
-Journeyman

Thanks!!

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I hope so. It's always nice whether a show is cancelled or not to have the complete series or season set available. Journeyman is owned by Fox so they might put out a complete series. Reaper is owned by ABC and it's fate is still yet to determined if if comes back for another season.

I really hope Journeyman comes out, I missed it while it was on and it sounds awesome.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Re: Journeyman

On another forum, Journeyman's creator announced plans for a DVD release, likely in Fall 2008.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Thanks for the information. The show was always entertaining and improved as its half-season wore on. I was very disappointed it wasn't embraced by a larger viewing audience and will look forward to a box set if one materializes.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Yeah I hope these shows come to DVD along with In Case Of Emergency and The Knights Of Prosperity amongst others

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I see no reason why Reaper won't come out. It's CW (formerly WB) and it's in the sci-fi/horror (even tho it's more comical) genre, you know..... like Buffy/Angel, Smallville, Charmed, Supernatural and Roswell. There's no reason I forsee why it shouldn't come out on DVD.

cart99

Grip
Real Name
Jeff
According to the savejourneyman.net site a dvd release is a long shot and they are trying to get people to sign a petition for a release.

This was posted there ...

"APRIL 4TH, 2008 -- 11:01 PM, Los Angeles

Dear SaveJourneyman Fans--

I just wanted to thank you for your valiant effort to try to save this show. It did not go unnoticed by myself, the writers, producers and actors. I am reluctant to encourage you to lobby for a DVD given all the work you did for naught to get the show picked up for another season, but the fact that there’s a DVD of Bionic Woman and not Journeyman just doesn’t seem quite right.

Journeyman was a wonderful and rewarding experience for almost everyone associated with the show. As I said before, we tried to move you intellectually and emotionally, but in the end, you did that to us.

If you continue to demand quality television, we’ll keep trying to produce it.

Humbly yours,

Kevin Falls"

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I guess the talk of a DVD set was premature--since there wasn't an official announcement, it was the creator's wishful thinking. I have the episodes on DVD-R, but I'd still like to see a legitimate release.

cart99

Grip
Real Name
Jeff

I'd pick it up as well - one of the few shows with a scifi bent to it that my wife was able to get into.

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
I hope it comes out on dvd soon. I like Jourany man. its best time travel show besides Quataum leap.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Since ABC Studios (which produces Reaper) has now issued press releases for current seasons of eight of their shows and there has been no news for Reaper, it's not looking good for a release for that, unfortunately.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

That just sucks. I hope its not true. I love Reaper. Always, gives me a good hour of laughs. :frowning:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just bumping to see if anything new might have been heard about either of these two shows coming to dvd.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Reaper's going to be a midseason replacement next season, which means season 2 will probably start in January or February. So I'd be surprised if it's not released in December/January as cross-promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks