What's new

Acoustic Audio from TheDeepDiscount.com (1 Viewer)

jlindahl

Auditioning
Real Name
Jayson
Has anybody heard of this brand? After reading through the white van scam, I'm beginning to think that this is one of them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Heh, let's see. A 400 watt sub "regularly priced" $479.00 at $98.88, and $10 shipping. "25 lb Pair, 400 watt surround speakers" regularly $200 for $20. 1300 Watt DJ speakers, "regularly" $2,598 for $298.
Yeah, definitely legit.

gfrancis0

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
This Acoustic Audio buyer review is about as negative as it can be:
eBay Guides - Warning Deepdiscount acoustic audio sub scam
But it sounds "too bad to be true" if you know what I mean, like eBay would ban this seller if it was true. Nonetheless, Acoustic Audio (or any of the other brands sold by the eBay seller DeepDiscount) is not a real brand of home speaker, its obviously made as cheaply as possible and then sold exclusively on the web, so don't expect much.
The bottom line about speakers is that you should always audition them if at all possible or at least buy only well know brands with published reviews from reputable sources. People should learn that if it sounds to good to be true, 99.99% it is a scam.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
A $98.88 sub woofer is nothing more than a $98.88 sub woofer. With any purchase in life let "Caveat emptor" "Let the buyer beware". be your guide.

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas
You are absolutely right, sometimes it's better to get something more expensive (either from ebay, amazon or whatever store) and recognizable than something cheap.

draystan

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny
They buy massive quantities of products and are able to offer them to consumers at razor thin margins. The way they make money is due to the volume of sales they do everyday.

sjhance

Auditioning
Real Name
John Hance
Too bad there isn't a choice for zero star rating. TheDeepDiscount is a joke. Not one employee seems to be able to answer a question straight up honestly and not one of them can successfully ship a package after FOUR FIVE attempts to fill a paid order. A complete load of incompetent buffoons who don't care about the customer. My insults here are warranted and complaints are fully documented.

old guy

Auditioning
Real Name
R Howard
Originally Posted by draystan
They buy massive quantities of products and are able to offer them to consumers at razor thin margins. The way they make money is due to the volume of sales they do everyday.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that claim I wouldn't have to shop for discounts.

Truth is it's cheap stuff at a cheap price. The lie is they are tying to make it out as more expensive stuff.

dmpilc

Auditioning
Real Name
David Pilcher
Last year I purchased a pair of the indoor/outdoor 151W speakers (small ones, with 4" woofers) on Ebay for our boat to link them up with a Dual marine radio.
Shipping was quick and they have worked out very well, achieving my goal of finding inexpensive speakers that sound good and can be replaced easily and cheaply if need be.
I've been pleased with them. BTW, I have no illusions that these are $125 speakers that I was able to buy for $15 each. I'm sure that they are not. Other boating friends of mine talk about paying $50-$100 each for their speakers, so I feel that I did get a bit of a bargain. No regrets!
The only real weak spot is the mounting bracket. Do not over-tighten. They should do well on a patio attached to a roof overhang or sitting on a shelf.

dmpilc

Auditioning
Real Name
David Pilcher
Correction to previous post: Time does fly, my purchase of the AA 151W speakers was 12/2006, i.e. 4 years ago, not 1 year ago. I paid $46 with shipping, and they are still working just fine, except for a crack in one of the mounting brackets (no effect on sound).

Addition: I just bought another new pair of the AA 151W speakers for about $21 (free shipping) at auction on Ebay from the same vendor, The Deep Discount. I also bought, from a different vendor, a pair of Dual speakers to pair up with the Dual radio on the boat ($26 on Ebay) and I'm going to put all 4 of the AA 151W's together here at home.

Interesting note, the AA speakers I removed from the boat fit exactly in the box that the Dual speakers came in, i.e. the shape and size of the speaker housings were almost identical. Only the mounting brackets were significantly different. The Dual bracket is a U-shaped metal piece and mounts with a tension screw at each end of the speaker sort of like a paper towel holder. The AA mounting bracket is a 1/4" bolt that screws into the back of the speaker, with a plastic ball on the other end that fits into a plastic wall mount, creating a ball joint that can be tensioned. I like the Dual bracket better because it can be adjusted much more easily.

When I filled out the online warranty form and pressed send, I was directed the exclusive USA dealer, The Deep Discount. I expect that they are the US distributor for the Chinese mfgr.

dmpilc

Auditioning
Real Name
David Pilcher
BTW, I received the new AA151W speakers from The Deep Discount 3 days after the sale closed on Ebay and I paid for them. That was very fast shipping in my book!

bikerbychoice

Auditioning
Real Name
jemmy
i dont know what you are all pissed about. everything i have ordered from deep discount has been shipped quick 3-5 days the quality has been great. i got the dual marine receiver 200 watt 4 channel installed it on my dresser and with a pyle 800 watt amplifier also purchased from deep discount has preformed flawlessly for 2 years now and it sounds and looks as good as the 3500.00 dollar system offered from hog sounds. i spent under 225.00 and couldn't be happier. quit whining and enjoy products offered at a discount because they buy in bulk.

DoYourResearch

Auditioning
Real Name
Research Searcher
Do Your Research. http://www.bbb.org/central-illinois/business-reviews/internet-shopping/the-deep-discount-in-mount-zion-il-90006522

FlameHaze

Auditioning
Real Name
Kere
I decided to go against my better judgment and buy 2 "900 watt 15 inch woofers". don't get me wrong, they weren't bad subs. but they weren't 900 Watts at all. Try 300 Watts, because the popped at this wattage. Got a little upset and sent them in on a RMA, got 2 new ones, died at 300 watts(different amp this time). I'd say stay away if you are looking for high powered subs, but they'll be fine for low power applications.

Dubmonster

Auditioning
Real Name
Dub Monster
I would just like to point out that ALMOST ALWAYS, unless you are buying professional grade equipment, you are getting shit. 100$ sony speakers are built with the same plastic and metal as 15$ speakers from this guy. Thats what a name is all about. Personally, i bought two 15" subwoofers in a box shipping included for like 250 -300$, they were not a true brand (like these acoustic audio). Fucking impressive. No shit they are not name brand, they hit just the same, i could have bought two more in a box for the price of a "decent" subwoofer. You just have to know what you look for. The speakers and sub in question are NO DIFFERENT than any comparable sonys or whatever other brand you choose. If you want quality you are going to have to pay for it, all brands make both entry level (shitty) equipment and High quality equipment. Take it from me Music is my life, dont pay for what you dont need, dont assume a brand name= quality.

SVH

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
I've seen several posts about Acoustic Audio being associated with a scam so here is the real legit company info for those interested.The Acoustic Audio speaker line is a legit brand and not a scam of any kind. They use to be sold by the deep discount who went out of business so now their products are sold exclusively in the US by Only Factory Direct and the official website for Acoustic Audio is www.acousticaudio.net - they make cheap inexpensive home and pro audio speakers and are not to be confused with the German car audio company of the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks