Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Baseball and Sports Graphics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 287 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted April 21 2008 - 11:43 PM

Watched the Cubs on ESPN last night. I just don't understand why they have to scroll that information at the bottom of the screen for the whole broadcast. It is the same stuff over and over again. Whatver happened to the updates at 18 and 58? They still do it but why bother when that stuff is scrolling all the time. If it is so important, sroll it during the commercials too!They take this wonderful HD picture and crawl the same stuff over and over again. Who cares about that stuff? I'm here to watch this game. I don't care enough about the other games and "sports news" to have to continuesly see it. The updates twice an hour should suffice. It used to be like this just on ESPN2. Now it is on both. Drives me up a wall.

Also, whatever happened to the days you could watch one game and record another? You could turn away during the updates so you wouldn't know the score. These days the sports networks think we all want to know all the scores all the time. Do they think we're all gamblers and need this info immediatley. I remember they use to even warn us with a tone when the scores were coming on so we could turn away. Now days it is just information overload.

Why does FOX have to have that bar ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SCREEN on ALL their sports broadcasts? It started with NASCAR and now is on everything. They make all their sports look like video games. Whatever happened to the little box in the corner? It gives you the information you need in as small an area as possible. It's about the game folks. Not the graphics.

This stuff has been bothering me a while. Glad I can rant here.