What's new

HD comparison sites EXCLUDING DVDBeaver! (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Here are some very helpful comparison sites which are superior to DVDBeaver in the case these sites actually take screencaptures of the film in question. Why settle for a pitiful photograph when direct captures are superior?
Here are the websites:
DVD Heaven
Bullets 'N Babes Forums
Caps-a-Holic

And I know Xylon from AVS forum does some excellent upscaling SDDVD, HDDVD and BD comparisons.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
There's also a screenshot thread over at the blu-ray.com forums. Unfortunately the guy who does the direct captures unnecessarily resizes them to 720p for some reason. The are a fair amount of direct captures in the screenshot thread at AVS too but there's no index so you have to either search or wade through all the photos to get to them.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Whut? The screenshots from that guy should be the full 1080p! Regardless!
I just wanna see some direct comparisons of the SD and HDDVD/Blu (not gonna focus my collection there yet since HDDVD is damn great price for me right now) of these titles. Even broadcast HD would be good, as long as the broadcast in question retains the OAR. Speaking of which, all those free On Demand HD movies I quit and delete cause they're not OAR which pisses me off. Ok, the titles, short list though...
Sleepy Hollow
GHOSTBUSTERS
GHOSTBUSTERS 2
Back to the Future
Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part III
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
BATMAN (1989)
BATMAN RETURNS
FIGHT CLUB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks