Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Madonna: Hard Candy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted April 20 2008 - 10:53 AM

So far I've only heard 4 minutes to save the world, but I really like it and am anxiously awaiting the release of her new album.

Anyone else excited about it?

YouTube - Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Phil_L

Phil_L

Second Unit

• 377 posts

Posted April 20 2008 - 11:25 AM

Me! I can't wait. It's getting a lot of good early buzz. 4 Minutes is not a masterpiece, so I am hoping the rest of the disc delivers.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   John Wielgosz

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran
So far I've only heard 4 minutes to save the world, but I really like it and am anxiously awaiting the release of her new album.

Anyone else excited about it?

(Waves hand)

I've uh...heard the album through... unnamed sources... and while I like '4 Minutes', it's actually one of the weaker tracks in the context of the album. Most of the Pharrell Williams produced material is outstanding, and two of the Timbaland/Timberlake productions are fantastic Madonna ballads. For all of the 'urban hip/hop' hype, this is a 80's inspired pop album through and through.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted April 22 2008 - 05:08 AM

Yeah, I hear the album has been leaked all over the net and if you are good with searching you can find it.... I just want to wait and hear it when it is released.

I've been a HUGE fan of Madonna's since 1983 and I adore her just as much today as I did then.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted April 23 2008 - 01:32 AM

Ive heard it as well and Im not sure what to think. Im not the biggest hip-hop fan but I do like Timberlake and Timbaland That being said ther tracks are great and I love 4 minutes. Ill give it a few more spins before making final judgement.

I am a Madonna fan but I dont have all her cds. I loved Confessions; its one of my fav albums of all time.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted April 25 2008 - 08:48 PM

The Beat Goes On is very Kelis, it sounds like it belongs on her Tasty album. The chorus on Dance 2Night sounds so familiar. It's very reminiscent Aaliyah's Rock The Boat. Spanish Lesson seems like some JLo reject. Incredible is not at all. Really, the only song I'm liking here is Give It To Me.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted April 27 2008 - 01:48 PM

well after having a listen.... I'm not all that impressed. I will give it another listen, but I am just not feeling her new sound.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON