What's new

Starship Troopers US Blu-ray July 29 (1 Viewer)

troy evans

Screenwriter
Okay. If they are doing all this, can I at least get "Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation" on Blu-ray as well? I mean, everything else is coming and it wasn't that bad.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
If a recent UK TV screening is anything to go by, I doubt ST2 is worth releasing on Blu-ray. The film looked terrible, like it was being projected on a waterfall of sand.

The film was made on the cheap, and it shows.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"Extras include BonusView material on both releases, featuring interviews, graphics, special effects information, and more.

'Starship Troopers' will feature all the content from the previous DVD release - which includes deleted scenes, several featurettes, audio commentary, a documentary, and episodes of the TV series "Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles".

'Starship Troopers: Marauder' will feature two commentaries and two featurettes."

Based on this, ST should include e.g. Audio commentary (not included with the Euro-releases) and "BonusView material", which probably means some new stuff. I´m also getting the sequel, I mean whatta hell. ;)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely interested to read how the AV quality stacks up against the UK release. That being said, if it is comparable, and the price is right, I'll purchase the US release too for the features.

Eric F

Screenwriter
It is possible Sony will release it with the same encode as the UK release. They didn't bother to reencode Paprika for the US release.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

I'd think the same if the UK disc were a Sony release but it isn't. The UK disc is a Disney encode.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Looks good.
a slight amount of noticeable grain.
detail seems to be there.

dialog seemed a tad low, otherwise no complaints on the sound.

a ton of special features.
there isn't any episode of the csrtoonon here that i can see.

one feature not listed is a bd-live that let's yoiu download a photo of yourself and have yourself appear in the film.

doesnt work yet.
i guess it isn't live yet because the disc doesnt come out 'till 8-5.

oddly amazon doesn't have a date for this yet, only a date for the 3 movie set.

i wish that first teaser was on here, it was great when those bugs those bugs first appear.

I just noticed this disc has something i haven't seen efore.
even during the sd special features you can still bring up the
menu screen without going out from the video the way
a regular sd dvd does.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
HD Digest is reporting the TrueHD track is out of sync on the U.S. Release. Did you detect any of this at all?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yea i saw that.

"Also of note: the TrueHD track seems to be a few frames out of sync with the picture. It's close enough to be unnoticeable for most of the movie, and isn't ever severe enough to be concerned about, but every so often the inaccurate sync may be momentarily distracting."

i noticed a few times when dialog was off a tick but it but was rare.
there would be one person talking and be off a tick, but the person he was talking to was not off at all.

looked to me like a dubbing issue.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Josh Zyber (reviewer for highdefdigest) noticed this as well. He also has the UK BD which does not seem to be affected.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dave, that's what jeff said and the quote in my previous post is from his review.

troy evans

Screenwriter
I know I'm the only one that cares, but, YES! A Blu-ray version of Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation. I'll be buying the complete Blu-ray set of all three films. Although, I'm hearing that ST3 isn't that good. Hey, I like ST2, so, I'm sure I'll love it. :D

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Well, I was already on the fence with this release, as I have the UK version. The extras aren't that important to me, so this becomes a 'pass' regardless of cost unless a replacement program is put in place.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i doubt this will e fixed.
i only saw it maybe twice.

it's not a big deal and I might not have notices at all if i didnt already know about it.

thats why i didnt mention it first.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

Count me out, and I was really looking forward to this but I'm not spending $25 on a shoddy disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks