Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

i think i running with...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ELSock

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted April 16 2008 - 04:49 AM

ok i think after putzin around on this site... i had narrowed my selection of speakers down to HTD, ONIX, and SVS. then cause my wife has a say on this sitaution as well.. we went with pleasant appearance as well. so after all said and done we decided on the SVS 7.1 system with the PB 12 NDS. is there any reason i shouldn't stick with this set? or is there something better for 7.1 surround for the around same money?

thx again
~ELSock~

#2 of 5 ELSock

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted April 16 2008 - 02:58 PM

anyone?

#3 of 5 Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,316 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted April 17 2008 - 01:08 AM

i think you pretty much answered your own question with
Quote:
is there something better for 7.1 surround for the around same money

Gregg

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#4 of 5 Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,529 posts

Posted April 17 2008 - 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELSock
ok i think after putzin around on this site... i had narrowed my selection of speakers down to HTD, ONIX, and SVS. then cause my wife has a say on this sitaution as well.. we went with pleasant appearance as well. so after all said and done we decided on the SVS 7.1 system with the PB 12 NDS. is there any reason i shouldn't stick with this set? or is there something better for 7.1 surround for the around same money?

thx again
~ELSock~

Great product, great company. great people, great performance, great price . . . what's not to like?

#5 of 5 ELSock

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted April 17 2008 - 05:40 PM

Gregg, not to sound rude, or like an idiot, but i have no idea what you response meant.. but then again the brain isn't firin on all cylinders due to just gettin off of a 14 hour shift..

either way i have decided to run with the SVS because they push good sounds (from what i catch on the forums and all the ravin about them) and they look nice too. plus i can get the whole thing shipped with stands for the front for under $1500. So on that note thx for the help, and if anyon has anything else to add please feel free.

thx
~ELSock~

Forum Nav Content I Follow