Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ok so now im stuck

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ELSock

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted April 14 2008 - 04:08 PM

After reading through the 7-8 page post on the PA speakers where 2 or 3 dudes were all like what the crap are you waiting for buy them immeidiately or we're coming for ur first born, i was all set to buy them, i looked 'em and they looked great, but then i read further and found that the sub is supposedly weak and i guess the "spades" fall off or something, that part confused me... i speak english not audiophile.... anywho but through my other searching i ended up on elemental designs page, little pricey for me but still not bad, and also i ended up on HTD but they're woofers are out of stock... so are these Premiere Acoustics systems worth it, like is the sub gonna sound lke a 3 year old bangin on a plastic drum, or are they gonna apart on me in a week? or should i be patient and drop like 2x the money on the HTDs? or are there some other options i'm not aware of?

thx
~ELSock~

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   aht3

aht3

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted April 14 2008 - 06:20 PM

Hey Sock,
I moved myHSU to the LR and put the PA sub in my office. It sounds great. I am no audiophile but the question is how much bass do you need. This is not a bad sub and I would recommend it to anyone especially if they are on a budget. It complements my speakers well. As for the PA speakers, I have not heard the new ones that they are making. They now have a 3 way model with dual 8s on the fronts, surround and center. Check with the dealer and see if he will et you do an audition

I cannot speak for the new line of speaker except for the fact that it looks to be a better design. However; on the sub, I fully recommend it without thinking twice. I listen to mine almost allday ecerday in my office.

Hope this helps
Pioneer VSX 94THX
JBL Studio L890s Up Front
JBL Studio LC2 at Center
JBL Studio L820s Surrounds
JBL Studio L820s RearsHSU VTF2-MK3 SubSony 46" XBR3 LCD

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ELSock

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted April 15 2008 - 02:52 AM

ok so after reading more into the the speakers and such, and i found Luis Gabriel Gerenas review. i hav decided to go with the Onix X series, for my 7.1. Now my question is this does anyone know how the x-sub sounds? and Are the X-sls really worth the $100 increase per set? so an xtra $300 total. thx for the help.

~ELSock~

ps. if someone could answer this too i would be greatful, my power supply on my pc is shot so i do all of my interneting on my ps3, and i can't view the HTD site on my PS3 which is another part of the reason i'm leanin toward the Onix, so if some one could post a ballpark figure for a 7.1 level 2, and a 7.1 level 3 i would be very thankful.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted April 17 2008 - 10:23 AM

Socky,

I work for AV123 so I won't give you any opinions - just the facts Posted Image

Quote:
Are the X-sls really worth the $100 increase per set?

Over the ls right? The two speakers share the exact same drivers and crossover so the only differences are:

* With the sls you don't have to buy stands

* The sls plays a little lower thanks to the larger cabinet

Hope that helps!

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELSock
ok so after reading more into the the speakers and such, and i found Luis Gabriel Gerenas review. i hav decided to go with the Onix X series, for my 7.1. Now my question is this does anyone know how the x-sub sounds? and Are the X-sls really worth the $100 increase per set? so an xtra $300 total. thx for the help.

Owner, Skiing Ninja

Forum Nav Content I Follow