-

Photo
- - - - -

lookin fo true 7.1 speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 ELSock

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted April 13 2008 - 03:38 PM

ok so heres the deal, i harassed u guys before about the tv (Sony 60a2000) and my reciever( Pioneer Elite 81TXV). and by harassed i mean i kept asking which ones i should buy and y. i listed in the parenthesis which ones i bought. anyway back to the point, im running boston acoustic 8000 series, for 5.1 and 2 old hideous sony bookshelf speakers as my rear surrounds. those 2 are literally 13 years old. i know some of you are thinking WTF is wrong with this guy? so now my question. whats a good set of speakers for about 1000? room is kinda small, but potentially moving to bigger place in the near future. wall mounts for atleast 4 surrounds is a good thing as well. any and all suggestions are welcome.

thx
~ELSock~

#2 of 3 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,559 posts

Posted April 13 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hey, my mains are literally 15 years old, and they blow away virtually anything available. Age is not necessarily a bad thing with speakers.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#3 of 3 Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted April 14 2008 - 12:21 AM

John is right and speakers boil down to what sounds good to you. Lots of choices in your price range with wall mount, my suggestion is read the posts on speakers (sorry), find what's available in your area and listen first hand if possible. If you can do it one brand for 7.0 is usually and highly recommended with the sub of your choice for .1 Posted Image