What's new

Back to the Future Trilogy (Now Announced) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
The Back to the Future Trilogy is going to be one of THE big releases on Blu-ray and I think Universal really need to put some effort in for this great trilogy. Hopefully Universal might read this thread, so feel free to suggest what YOU would like to see on the Blu-ray release of the Back to the Future Trilogy.

Here's my list:

- First and most importantly are the films themselves, they should have beautiful 1080p transfers, lossless soundtracks and NO framing errors!!

- All the extras ported from the SD-DVD release, also include the deleted scenes that where only discovered after the release of the SD-DVD set, for example the scene from Part III in which Marty touches the Deloreans tires in the mine and they crumble. A nice extra would be the all the footage from the TVs used in the movies like the newsreel footage from the start of Part I and the Virtual Waiter in Part II.

- Now this is a big one. I want the Back to the Future: The Ride footage, now that Universal have shut down all the BTTF rides they should have no problems releasing that footage - this version looks very cool with the Doc video in the corner of the screen: YouTube - Back To The Future: The Ride This would look amazing with a 1080p transfer and again, lossless sound... PLEASE Universal this would be an incredible nod to all the fans upset at the loss of BTTF: TR.

- A seamless branching version of the first BTTF in which the viewer can decide whether they want the ending "To Be Continued..." tag, some fans grew up with that and it would not take much effort it stick it on there.

Overall, I'd just like to see Universal but some effort in the Blu-ray release rather than just porting stuff over from the DVD, I've watched all that stuff a million times now, I'd like some new Blu-ray exclusive stuff. Oh and Universal should coincide the release of the BTTF Animated series with the Blu-ray release of the movies! :cool:

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I think this maybe more up to Spielberg's people at Amblin. They work with Universal, but typically they run the show as far as content and design of their DVD releases go.

Doug

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
And if the Close Encounters of The Third Kind BD set is any indication, the BTTF Trilogy set should be great.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
As long as there are no issues with framing and the transfer is fawless. This trilogy will break the sound barrier coming off the shelf and straight into my Blu-ray collection. ;) :D

But it needs to have a flawless transfer, no framing issues and lossless sound. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Or it could break the time barrier:)

I'd like to see this set released too! That's really heavy, Doc!

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale

Oh man, that would be incredible.

I believe the reason it wasn't included in the SD-DVD set was that they didn't want to "harm" anyone's career however at this stage I don't think releasing the footage would do any of the actors any harm - hell if anything it would raise the profile of Stoltz.

I don't mind waiting for a Blu-ray release of BTTF, I just want it done right, a perfect collection for the BTTF fan. I don't want just a port of the SD-DVD extras and the movies in HD which would be cool but there's so much that could be done with the BTTF franchise on Blu-ray I would feel like it was a missed opportunity.

The SD-DVD release of BTTF was great back in the day and was pretty advanced with the trivia tracks, Michael J. Fox video commentary etc - it really pushed the envelope... now I want to see a BTTF release that pushes the envelope of the Blu-ray format.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Another feature they could include would be the alternate versions of some scenes used in the TV version.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I remember when they showed the back to the future in HD on HBO and other pay channels.. a least for the first movie.. it looked very nice. didn't look like a movie from 1985. it was a very nice transfer. I would think that when universal does bluray.. we will be in for a treat.

Jacob

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
HUGE news!!!! This will shift a lot of Blu-ray players from those who may still be on the fence.

I just hope that Universal does this right. We need the Eric Stoltz footage on there and I really, really want to see "The Ride" as an extra feature.

I don't want Uni to just port the extras from the SD-DVD (as good as they are), I want some effort put into this release -- I want to see some *NEW* extra features!

Don't mess this one up Universal, this is going to be a massive release!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Just give me as pristine transfers as possible with lossless audio and I'll be happy.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Definitely Paul!

Here's the first minor blow guys, the Stoltz footage is NOT going to be included on the Blu-ray but it's done out of total respect to Eric Stoltz as an actor and I can respect that.

Head over to the excellent Back to the Future™ - BTTF.com | Your Daily Jolt of 1.21 Jigowatts! for the full article on the annoucment of the new Blu-ray release of the trilogy by Bob Gale in this very interesting report: BTTF.com | ‘Blu’ to the Future: Bob Gale hints at ‘Back to the Future’ Blu-ray release at recent screening

The most interesting thing however is that Bob Gale has suggested to Universal that the footage from "BTTF: The Ride" should be included on the new release.

Please listen to Bob Gale Universal! Include all the footage from "The Ride", lets make BTTF on Blu-ray REALLY worth upgrading to from the old SD-DVD set.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
This would be a set I'd love to buy. Regardless of format. I've seen screenshots (might've been noise reduced...) of the Trilogy in 720p and damn, bring on full 1080p! Of course VC1 or MPEG4/AVC.
Carrying over all the extras for each disc should be a no brainer if they use BD-50's. And HD audio would be icing on the cake. No DNR'ing or EE!
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory had an isolated score track in TrueHD. I'd love to get an isolated HD track for each film. I hope they'll be realeasing the Trilogy in a boxset. This is a must own.:cool:
By the way, have any BD's or HDDVD's ever have a booklet?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I agree Ray as long as it is done right BTTF is going to be a must have on Blu-ray. It would also be nice if the offered a special collectors edition box set. But I am really looking foward to Back To The Future to be released in full 1080p with lossless audio on Blu-ray. :D

Now if we could hear something about Jurassic Park Trilogy coming to Blu-ray. ;)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
HOLY FARK THAT'D BE AWESOME TOO!!!:eek: Of course it'd carry over every extra from the DVD's. AND BD-50, full 1080p with lossless original audio (DTS-HD MA?) would be icing. I'd prefer it if they started using smaller logos since BD technically did win the HD disc war. Why not use Digipak? Hell, it feels useless for both HDDVD AND Blu to have clips for booklets when they're not even printing any.
Guess I could scan, resize and print out the DVD booklets I have for HDDVD and Blu. Why did I list Blu last? I only own the one BD and far more HDDVD's. Figure I'd only buy Blu's if the HDDVD counterpart I have carries over all the extras from it and of course uses lossless ORIGINAL high quality audio.
Ok, I'll bring up JAWS. For Blu, I want the ORIGINAL Monoaural track in full lossless and to hell with the remixes! I was watching The Terminator from an HD broadcast I downloaded and I immediately deleted it since it used the highly inferior remix track. Just cause a movie remixed with foley added to 5.1 with the original track was mono, dual mono or stereo doesn't constitute a good audio track. I know alot of films way back used multi-magnetic audio tracks so that shouldn't be an excuse. Might as well for them to go back to the masters like they did for the Indiana Jones Trilogy.
One last thing! I do hope they carry over the trivia tracks from the DVD set too since I really do enjoy the random factoids. I'm still gonna keep my DVD BttF Trilogy since I bought it the day of release, shipped back the incorrectly framed II & III, received the corrected "V2's" and keeping the booklet. Of course it comes in a fat Alphapak so I bought the Amaray style thickness three-disc cases and damn it looks better slimmer. All I need to do is print out a cover. And it'd be perfect for them to use the original Drew Struzan poster art.:cool:
I'm still waiting for Profile 2.0 and the player to be affordable enough for me to make the full jump to Blu. If the Trilogy set is all what we're ask for and then some, I don't care cause I'll buy it no questions.:D
Literally one last thing.;) When is BttF "Animooted" going to be released on DVD? That'd be a great companion to the set. ALSO, BttF: The Ride was damn fun when I went to Universal Studios way back when. I think I went on it over 6 times.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I've always wanted to see this, and I truly hope this gets included. Universal, you would have my complete gratitude if you do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks