-

Photo
- - - - -

R.E.M. - "Accelerate"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 05:00 AM

Has anyone else picked up this outstanding new disc from R.E.M.?

It is very, very good and hasn't left my stereo in a week. I can't get "Man Sized Wreath" out of my head.

They had a great run of albums (from "Murmur" to "Up"), and I don't think they've really ever made a bad album. But the last 2 weren't as compelling as all the others. So this new disc is a real treat.

If you liked their style of rock from "Document", "Green", "New Adventures In Hi-Fi", "Life's Rich Pageant" or "Monster", then you'll probably enjoy this.

#2 of 4 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 05:10 AM

Yep, I'm so down with this CD. It's great to hear the true REM playing together as a band again. Good stuff. Between this and the new Counting Crows and Black Crowes CDs, it's been a good couple of months. Posted Image
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#3 of 4 Michael:M

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted April 11 2008 - 08:51 AM

Color me intrigued. I'm a fairweather REM fan, by admission: I love Lifes Rich Pageant and Automatic for the People and a few individual songs, but that's it.

Reviews have been good, though.
"Life began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between." - Diane Ackerman

#4 of 4 JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin

Producer

• 3,219 posts

Posted September 19 2008 - 10:33 AM

I found it overcompressed and painful to listen to.