Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

TROY Director's Cut glitch?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Roy Batty

Roy Batty

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted April 08 2008 - 12:45 PM

I have not seen this reported on any review of this release, but I was watching today the TROY Director's Cut I just bought yesterday, and there's a noticeable audio and video glitch at 10:30-10:32 on Disc 1 (when Achilles is shouting 'Anyone else?!'), with some kind of artifact flashing across the screen for a moment, along with a couple of audio cracks.

I have studied the disc and there seems to be no physical damage or flaws, no scratches or defects on the glue or the media itself. I would say it's clearly some transfer glitch most likely affecting the whole press run, but I just wanted to check it up with you to be sure.

Anyone else noticed this?

I must point I own the Ultimate Collector's Edition, but my guess is that the discs themselves are the same on the Director's Cut.

Thank you in advance.

P.s. This release dates back to September 2007, and I guess the goo drops sticking the outer slip to the boxset were supposed to come out easily back then, but now, months later, it dried up so much that, careful as I was, I could not help but leaving a tear on the paper on this otherwise beautifully designed box. Posted Image
So please, Warner and every other studio, if you are reading this, please, please, PLEASE, stop using that crap, ok? It maybe convenient for you, but it's a pain in the ass for us your customers.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted April 09 2008 - 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty
I have not seen this reported on any review of this release, but I was watching today the TROY Director's Cut I just bought yesterday, and there's a noticeable audio and video glitch at 10:30-10:32 on Disc 1 (when Achilles is shouting 'Anyone else?!'), with some kind of artifact flashing across the screen for a moment, along with a couple of audio cracks.

I have studied the disc and there seems to be no physical damage or flaws, no scratches or defects on the glue or the media itself. I would say it's clearly some transfer glitch most likely affecting the whole press run, but I just wanted to check it up with you to be sure.

Anyone else noticed this?

I must point I own the Ultimate Collector's Edition, but my guess is that the discs themselves are the same on the Director's Cut.

Thank you in advance.

P.s. This release dates back to September 2007, and I guess the goo drops sticking the outer slip to the boxset were supposed to come out easily back then, but now, months later, it dried up so much that, careful as I was, I could not help but leaving a tear on the paper on this otherwise beautifully designed box. Posted Image
So please, Warner and every other studio, if you are reading this, please, please, PLEASE, stop using that crap, ok? It maybe convenient for you, but it's a pain in the ass for us your customers.

I watched it after purchasing and noticed nothing like what you mentioned. I'm pretty anal when it comes to that stuff. I'll double-check.
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Roy Batty

Roy Batty

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_M
I watched it after purchasing and noticed nothing like what you mentioned. I'm pretty anal when it comes to that stuff. I'll double-check.

Thanks, Brett, I'd really appreciate it.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,582 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted April 09 2008 - 08:37 AM

If I get a chance, I'll check it out as well.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Roy Batty

Roy Batty

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 04:39 PM

Nobody yet?

I'd like to know whether I have to bring this back to the store or not.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Porfirio

Porfirio

Second Unit

• 256 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 04:39 PM

I just check my copy and the glitch that you mentioned is not present. It looks like you just got a defective disc. Take it back to where you purchased it and get an exchange. Good luck!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Roy Batty

Roy Batty

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 06:15 PM

Thanks, Porfirio, I'll do that.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Porfirio

Porfirio

Second Unit

• 256 posts

Posted April 13 2008 - 05:41 AM

No problem.