What's new

TROY Director's Cut glitch? (1 Viewer)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
I have not seen this reported on any review of this release, but I was watching today the TROY Director's Cut I just bought yesterday, and there's a noticeable audio and video glitch at 10:30-10:32 on Disc 1 (when Achilles is shouting 'Anyone else?!'), with some kind of artifact flashing across the screen for a moment, along with a couple of audio cracks.

I have studied the disc and there seems to be no physical damage or flaws, no scratches or defects on the glue or the media itself. I would say it's clearly some transfer glitch most likely affecting the whole press run, but I just wanted to check it up with you to be sure.

Anyone else noticed this?

I must point I own the Ultimate Collector's Edition, but my guess is that the discs themselves are the same on the Director's Cut.

Thank you in advance.

P.s. This release dates back to September 2007, and I guess the goo drops sticking the outer slip to the boxset were supposed to come out easily back then, but now, months later, it dried up so much that, careful as I was, I could not help but leaving a tear on the paper on this otherwise beautifully designed box. :thumbsdown:
So please, Warner and every other studio, if you are reading this, please, please, PLEASE, stop using that crap, ok? It maybe convenient for you, but it's a pain in the ass for us your customers.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

I watched it after purchasing and noticed nothing like what you mentioned. I'm pretty anal when it comes to that stuff. I'll double-check.

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Nobody yet?

I'd like to know whether I have to bring this back to the store or not.

Porfirio

Second Unit
I just check my copy and the glitch that you mentioned is not present. It looks like you just got a defective disc. Take it back to where you purchased it and get an exchange. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks