Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Plz help finding a projector.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   t1mberwolf

t1mberwolf

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted April 08 2008 - 12:36 PM

Can anyone give me a suggestion on some projectors. I'm in the process on building a home theater. My room is 23 feet long by 12 feet wide. I was thinking of having a 8 foot wide screen. Does this sound right for this room. I need to pick a projector i believe so i can run a HDMI cable before i close in the walls. Which brings up my next question where to get a 32 foot HDMI cable? Any suggestions on type or brand of cable?

Thanks for any input
TImber

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted April 08 2008 - 01:53 PM

Monoprice.com for any cables. The screen size depends on your seating distance, not the room size. You need to give much more info before we can recommend any projectors. The first thing you need to do is decide on LCD or DLP. What is your budget for projector? 720p or 1080p? What is your ceiling height? Will you ceiling mount it?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Ennsio

Ennsio

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 04:02 AM

Projectorcentral.com is the best place to go to read up on the different projectors available, and they have professional reviews and a guide for viewing distance vs. screen size for each projector available. That's where you should start your research.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted April 09 2008 - 09:18 AM

And Projectorreviews.com. Their reviews are much more thorough and detailed.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,342 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted April 13 2008 - 12:55 PM

you need to consider which PJ you want, throw distance, and screen size, before you consider cable length.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current