Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hah! A Uwe Boll petition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted April 07 2008 - 01:20 PM

Uwe Boll Will Quit Making Movies with One Million Signatures | /Film
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#2 of 18 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,452 posts

Posted April 07 2008 - 01:27 PM

I signed, but after that I kind of regretted it. The comments people are leaving on the petition are far sicker than anything Boll has ever done.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#3 of 18 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 07 2008 - 01:58 PM

To drive those who left comments mad, let's make a petition stating:

"We, the undersigned, demand that Uwe Boll be named director of the Hobbit films, effective immediately."

Posted Image

Don't care that much about the Hobbit films myself, but I don't know what else would get 'em riled up.

#4 of 18 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,108 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted April 07 2008 - 02:24 PM

AKA: Drawing more attention to my films so that their rentals will continue to climb year after year.

#5 of 18 DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted April 07 2008 - 03:23 PM

Oh for sure. Uwe Boll knows exactly what he's doing now. The fact that most people signing probably haven't even seen a SINGLE film of his but know his name speaks a lot.

#6 of 18 seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRice
I signed, but after that I kind of regretted it. The comments people are leaving on the petition are far sicker than anything Boll has ever done.

This'll make you feel better.

My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#7 of 18 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 09 2008 - 10:15 AM

just sign the petition i beg all of you!

but with his work , all i can say is that maybe more people will respect the accomplishments of ed wood, he did better with a lot less budget
Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#8 of 18 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,108 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted April 09 2008 - 02:44 PM

If people would quite renting his movies then he would go away. If the films keep getting DVD and TV deals then they'll continue to be made. This guy is Kubrick when you compare his films to what Ulli Lommel has been turning out the past few years. As Lommel said, people and studios keep going after them so he'll keep making them.

#9 of 18 seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
If people would quite renting his movies then he would go away.

No he wouldn't. That's what's so insidious about him. His movies are tax shelters -- the Germans who finance his films get to write-off their investments, and only pay taxes on any dividends they receive if the film turns a profit. So they don't care if the movie loses money, as long as it loses less than they would be paying in taxes.
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#10 of 18 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,108 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted April 09 2008 - 03:28 PM

But I've read that the law changed three years ago so he's still seeing money come in from other sources. I don't buy the Nazi gold thing but I thought about starting a rumor that he's Satan's love child and that's how he gets the funds.

His critics have created a monster and made him a cult item like Ed Wood, Al Adamson and various other "bad" filmmakers. People will continue to seek his films out because people will read all the complaints and then want to see what all the fuss is about. Boll can box a critic, say he'll retire or say he'll sleep with a dead body. All this does is get his name in the media, fans start talking and then more people go to see what all the fuss is about.

These cult movies need talk to keep them alive and so far it seems to be working quite well for Boll. Hell, I plan on watching all of his films during the horror challenge this year. Posted Image

#11 of 18 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,422 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 09 2008 - 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott
If people would quite renting his movies then he would go away.
Yep. If you don't like his movies, don't watch them and don't mention him as a punchline and then his career will be finished. This petition just gets his name out there even more as the modern day Ed Wood which makes more people rent his movies to see if they're as bad as they heard.

#12 of 18 John Dirk

John Dirk

Second Unit

• 412 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott
His critics have created a monster and made him a cult item like Ed Wood, Al Adamson and various other "bad" filmmakers. People will continue to seek his films out because people will read all the complaints and then want to see what all the fuss is about. Boll can box a critic, say he'll retire or say he'll sleep with a dead body. All this does is get his name in the media, fans start talking and then more people go to see what all the fuss is about.

Agreed. I never even heard of this guy, but now I'm curious.

John
"The names Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me "Psycho."
Any of YOU guys call ME Francis, and I'll kill ya!"

My Home Theater
My BlogMy Travels

#13 of 18 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 10 2008 - 04:03 AM

the biggest difference is i find Woods works to be entertaining, not good moves but at least watchable, if nothing else he has Lugosi, Boll on the other hand just sucks.

but hey that is his style, just like i look for camera angels in Wells best works,dont look for anything from boll
Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#14 of 18 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,108 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted April 10 2008 - 11:26 AM

I've only seen HOUSE OF THE DEAD and thought it was awful but all this talk about him has made me curious in his other movies. I've been reviewing for LionsGate for many years now and so far they have re-released HOUSE OF THE DEAD two times (not extra material, just a re-release). I asked why they kept putting this out there and two different people told me it's because they keep selling.

The Ulli Lommel films are so hated and get so much heat that they continue to sale as well. If you can get a DVD company to buy your film even before you film it then there's a great chance at someone putting down the money to make it. Lommel is using this to his advantage and apparently Boll is going to as well.

#15 of 18 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 12:35 PM

LOL his reply to the petition is hillarious

YouTube - EXCLUSIVE: Uwe Boll responds to online petition
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#16 of 18 troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 06:49 PM

This one is funny, as well: YouTube - EXCLUSIVE: Uwe Boll has a message for all the 'Boll haters' Regardless of what you think of his films, He really is funny and real straight forward. You have to respect that. In some regards what he says is very true.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#17 of 18 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,931 posts

Posted April 11 2008 - 01:23 AM

A clear case where creating the petition has now giving him far more attention than he deserves. Sometimes if you don't do anything people and situations tend to die off a hard, painful death.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#18 of 18 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted April 11 2008 - 05:04 AM

Michael Bay responds to Uwe

Uwe Boll: Michael Bay Responds To "Fucking Retard" Remark

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow