What's new

Panasonic Plasma Anti-glare vs. Anti-reflective Coating (1 Viewer)

blueblazer22x

Auditioning
Real Name
brandon
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these two different screen coatings.

I've read that some prefer the anti-glare coating found on most 2007 Panasonic plasmas to the new anti-reflective coating found on the 2008 models (as per CNET and some Amazon customer reviews).

I'm specifically considering buying a 50PZ77U (2007 anti-glare) or a 46PZ85U (2008 anti-reflective). These models are comparable in price on Amazon, with the newer 2008 model having a better feature set and better specs overall. However, if the 2007 anti-glare screens are far superior, I would most likely go with the older model.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

plasmasown

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
They say the 2008 anti-reflective is a little bit better with color accuracy but it is very minimal. It really comes down to user preference. Visit your local Bestbuy and see for yourself which one you like. I personally like the anti-glare because it looks more glossy and vibrant. The colors look amazing.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
This article includes a good description from NIST of how anti-glare/reflection screen coatings affect image quality: http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ive.htm .

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Users who are viewing this thread