What's new

Knight Rider - Season 1 (Wednesdays this Fall) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't have much use for the movie, but I'll give it a chance on the theory that pilot episodes are not a reliable indicator when it comes to series quality.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It all depends on where they go with it. It's never going to be a quality series, but it might end up being a fun, entertaining one. I think they'd be smart to keep it largely episodic, with stories about one man and his car solving missions.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
just as long as they don't do a Bionic Woman and bring in an evil KITT car that was one of the original designs.
I'm kidding of course.

I have YET to see the pilot/movie
I still have it
Just need to pull the courage to watch it :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Seems kind of odd that Glen A Larson is listed as a producer to the TV movie. Isn't he also trying to or has been working on a theatrical version for years? I read that he's still actively doing this and it is independent of this project. So it implies different actors and car.

So if he's actively involved in this new TV show, and still trying to do a movie, that would be interesting if he can get away with that without a conflict of interest.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think he's actively involved; I suspect his deal with Universal gives him a piece of any exploitation of his properties in perpetuity, and the "Executive Producer" credit serves as a courtesy and locks him in for royalties. He's got a similar credit on Battlestar Galactica, and was still trying to mount a feature for that even after Universal's new version had started production.

I think having Gary Scott Thompson as the show-runner is a very good move; Las Vegas had close to exactly the right tone for this. It's also a show that was built more on a flexible premise than a big, serial story, which is not necessarily how a lot of today's TV writers think.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Glad to hear this. Thought the movie was fun.... not exactly high-drama or anything... but fun. Loved the car. Not sure about Val Kilmer's voice...but overall, I'm happy they are giving this a chance.

(Not to mention my friends are all stunned at my level of geekitude. I drive a Mustang with KARR on the plate. (Custom plates I had done years ago... for my old T/A.) Fear me. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Can anyone confirm on what date (not day) this series is going to premiere? I haven't been able to find it in the link. Thanks.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Per Knight Rider TV Show, Series - Video Clips, Episode Recaps, Photos, Bios, Downloads | NBC Official Site:
1x01 - A Knight in Shining Armor
Series Premiere WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 NBC 8/7c
IN THE SERIES PREMIERE, MIKE'S NEW MISSION BRINGS HIM FACE TO FACE WITH PEOPLE FROM A PAST HE DOES NOT REMEMBER– Mike (Justin Bruening) and KITT (voiced by Val Kilmer) are assigned a seemingly easy package delivery – until they realize the package is actually a man with vital top secret code decryption built into his DNA. The mission gets complicated when the enemies, including a mysterious woman (guest star Paula Garces, "The Shield"), seem to know a great deal about Mike and a past he can't recall. Deanna Russo, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Paul Campbell, Yancey Arias and Bruce Davison star. Smith Cho recurs.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Adam,

Many thanks! I didn't want to miss the premiere. :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm in.

Huge KR fan going way back and I thought the movie was good, I still don't like how the scanner looks on the front of this new car, though, it looks as though it's frowning.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
The promo for this is misleading in that KITT doesn't sound like Val Kilmer, yet the description above clearly states his name.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Ha hahaha haha ha ha ....ahhhhhh.

You can watch the 1st episode now at hulu.

Hulu - Sneak Peek: A Knight In Shining Armor: Knight Rider

I don't even know what to say about it. Somehow it was worse than that TV movie could ever hope to be, and yet I think I'll still watch the next episode...

I feel bad for the guy who played "Billy" on the Battlestar Galactica remake, who now plays "Billy" in the Knight Rider remake. I guess his career didn't go quite as planed when he chose to leave BSG.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought the TV movie sucked, so that's not good news. I'll give it a try, but I'm skeptical. Sept. 24. It's now close enough that I can set up a recording on my DVR.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Wow - I'm shocked. I'm a huge Knight Rider fan from back in the 80's, I thought the TV movie was utter shit, but suprisingly enough I wasnt offended by the first episode. Sure it had a couple of rough spots (Why, why, WHY does every Goverment origization have to be Evil?) and the plot was goofy as hell at times (So nobody noticed or cared that this car was racing through the downtown streets at 300 miles an hour ON FIRE!) but it was about on par with the original show.

The biggest problem of the show is lapse in judgement from the powers that be. "OK, we've got this car that is perhaps the most impressive piece of technology ever, extremely dangerous in the wrong hands, who will we give it too? How about the guy with lots of secrets that gives him lots of enemies, and a big gap in his memory so he doesn't even know how bad things are?"

Still, it didnt send me screaming for the hills like the pilot did. That right there is a huge achievment.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just watched it and I must revise my opinion on the new K.I.T.T., that is one hot machine! Love the new transformations!

Not a bad episode, in fact it was a lot of fun, glad that Michael took the last name of Knight, Tracer wasn't doing it for me at all.

Lastly but certaintly not least, Deanna Russo...DAYUM! That woman is insanely hot! She reminds of Olivia Wilde's (otherwise known as 13 on House M.D.) equally hot sister.

It's going to be fun staring at her in HD each week.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute, did the season get started already? I thought this show premieres on the 24th? At least the TV Guide says that.

I've been out of the loop I guess, I missed a couple of new shows already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks