-

Photo

GEORGE A. ROMERO'S DIARY OF THE DEAD coming to DVD 20/5 by Weinstein, why no presale?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Johnny G

Johnny G

Supporting Actor

• 791 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 03:29 AM

I saw this on a dealer list back in February & it still appears on dealer lists but nobody on the net seems to be taking orders for it.

I was hoping to see artwork by now being just over 6 weeks away but no such luck.

Why has there been no official announcement or web sites taking preorders for it?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Johnny G

Johnny G

Supporting Actor

• 791 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 07:12 PM

finally an announcement:-

Diary of the Dead (US - DVD R1) in News > Releases at DVDActive

Posted Image

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 01:14 AM

Very disappointing that there's no blu option. UK BD scheduled for June from Optimum. I wonder when the Weinsteins are going to dip their feet into the HD waters again?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit

• 377 posts
  • LocationStar Lake, NY

Posted April 14 2008 - 09:20 AM

DVD Active now has five short films up that are being included in the disc. Interesting.

"In addition, the DVD will feature five winning shorts as created by MySpace users and personally selected by George A. Romero. Those shorts are: The Final Day, Deader Living Through Chemistry, Opening Night of the Living Dead, & Teller and Run For Your Life. Cover artwork and those five shorts are included below."

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted April 14 2008 - 09:48 AM

I welcome the DVD but it's a bummer not to be given the opportunity to see a Romero film projected in a theater. His track record with this franchise is pretty darn good. DIARY OF THE DEAD should have been given a widespread theatrical release.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted April 18 2008 - 02:46 AM

I saw it in a theater here in Birmingham... you actually won't lose much by not seeing it in a theater this time around. The premise is that it's a student film shot with a handheld, and most of it looks like one. Not knocking it necessarily—it was a good concept the first two times I saw it done (Blair Witch and Cloverfield).

What's really unfortunate is that Cloverfield was released ahead of Diary. Conceptually they're so close—even Romero himself has said that.

Bottom line though is that this film will actually be native to your TV monitor.
~Jamie
------
My home theater and DVD/LD library are online: www.jamie-cole.com