-

Photo

El Cid and NetFlix.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 03:09 AM

I recently received a copy of El Cid from NetFlix. It was a region 2 copy that was awful. From some no name distributor. I called them,and they said they would send me another disc. Well, the same disc came again. Called again,and explained I wanted the Weinstein version that just got released.

I was told that they were'nt able to purchase it,and that was all they had. Checked out Block Busters site and they had the right version. As big as NetFlix is,I find it hard to believe that they can't purchase this title. I have always had such great luck with NetFlix.

#2 of 3 Jim*Tod

Jim*Tod

Second Unit

• 301 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted April 03 2008 - 09:06 AM

Blockbuster has an exclusive deal with the Weinstein company, so that is why this has happened.

#3 of 3 Jacob McCraw

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim*Tod
Blockbuster has an exclusive deal with the Weinstein company, so that is why this has happened.

They always buy a few copies of everything though - you usually have to wait a long time but they are there.

Netflix does not generally upgrade any titles though if a better edition comes out (SD anyway), but I'm surprised they have Region 2 copies of anything.