Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Witchblade: The Complete Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,572 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 08:19 AM

Warner Home Video Brings the Cult Favorite TV-Show Based on the Popular Comic Book Series to DVD

WITCHBLADE:
THE COMPLETE SERIES

Own the Collectible Seven-Disc Set Featuring all 23 Episodes, the Original TV Movie and Loads of New Bonus Features
On DVD July 29, 2008

BURBANK, CA (April 1, 2008) – Join in the fight against crime and evil to save humanity, as Warner Home Video releases Witchblade: The Complete Series on DVD July 29, 2008. Witchblade: The Complete Series stars Yancy Butler (As the World Turns), John Hensley (Nip/Tuck), David Chokachi (Baywatch) and features guest star Roger Daltrey (The Who).This seven-disc collector’s set which includes all 23 episodes from seasons 1 and 2, the original made-for-TV movie and never-before-seen bonus features, is priced to own on DVD at $69.98 SRP.

In this adaptation of the Top Cow comic book, Witchblade is the story of a New York detective, Sara "Pez" Pezzini, whose search for justice brings her into contact with the Witchblade, an ancient, intelligent, living weapon so powerful it can battle Earth's darkest evil forces. Week in and week out, "Pez" employs her skills as a police detective to fight crime. She finds she must employ the Witchblade to combat a much greater and frighteningly organized conspiracy of evil that threatens the very soul of humanity. As Sara tries to keep the secret of the Witchblade, do her job and have a personal life, she finds that her most formidable adversary may be the Witchblade itself.

Witchblade: The Complete Series DVD Special Features Include:
• Bringing the Blade to Life
• Welding the Blade
• Original Casting Sessions for Yancy Butler, Anthony Cistaro, David Chokachi, Eric Estebari, and Will Yun Lee

BASICS
Witchblade: The Complete Series
Price: $69.98 SRP
Street Date: July 29, 2008
Language: English
Subtitles: ESDH
Running Time: Approx. 1170 min (episodes only)
Enhanced Content: Approx. 55 minutes
DVD Catalog # 1000015962
UPC # 012569681453

EPISODES FEATURED

1. Witchblade
2. Parallax
3. Conundrum
4. Diplopia
5. Sacrifice
6. Legion
7. Maelstrom
8. Periculum
9. Thanatopsis
10. Apprehension
11. Convergence
12. Transcendence
13. Emergence (Season Two Premiere)
14. Destiny (Part 2 of Season Two Premiere)
15. Agape
16. Consectatio
17. Static
18. Nailed
19. Lagrimas
20. Hierophant
21. Veritas
22. Parabolic
23. Palindrome
24. Ubique

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted April 02 2008 - 08:32 AM

Looking forward to checking this one out... will basically be a blind buy for me.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 02:04 PM

I'll probably pick this one up as well.....although not on release date. I'll probably wait for a price drop so it could be awhile.
Recently watched- Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978)

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 05:22 PM

I do hope it's widescreen (yes, it WAS shot wide and a couple eps did air wide)

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted July 07 2008 - 09:55 PM

I just spotted the back cover art at dvdempire....

Posted Image

Take note of the last think mentioned in the special features. Features an All-New Soundtrack Selected by the Executive Producer.

Now... I personally don't care one bit about music (of any type what so ever) and never seen this show before... so it won't stop me from buying this set. BUT I do know many on this forum really cares about the music so thought I would bring it to your attention before it is too late.

But I guess now changing the music is considered a special feature?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   LizH

LizH

Second Unit

• 348 posts

Posted July 08 2008 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Battista
But I guess now changing the music is considered a special feature?

That's what Birds of Prey should've done ... market it as a special feature!

LOL Posted Image

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted July 09 2008 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Battista
Take note of the last think mentioned in the special features. Features an All-New Soundtrack Selected by the Executive Producer.
Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I can take this set off of my shopping list. While the music isn't always critical for telling the story in these episodes (though it was in a few scenes), it was always very instrumental in setting the mood. All of the classic rock blended with some more modern tunes seemed odd on the surface, but as a whole, it helped make the show unique. Watching the series without it will feel a bit wrong IMHO. With an MSRP of $70 for 26 episodes and the pilot, I do demand no alterations.

I do suppose that they may just be nixing the Joel Goldsmith incidental music, but that doesn't seem very logical given the "selected" moniker.

Here are some lists with supposedly all of the music used in the broadcast version of the show.

BladeTV.com - Witchblade TV Music - Season One
BladeTV.com - Witchblade TV Music - Season Two

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted July 17 2009 - 09:52 AM

I was interested in getting Witchblade: The Complete Series on Region 1, but after reading the above posts I'm not going to bother buying the set if some or all of the music has been changed.

Forum Nav Content I Follow