What's new

Tiny Toon Adventures and Freakazoid finally announced. (1 Viewer)

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi
I'm ever so pleased by this announcement, as I've wanted Tiny Toons ever since I first started collectiong DVDs back in 2001.

I'm not really impressed by the Tiny Toons DVD cover art (I wish it looked closer to the style of the Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain DVD cover art), But I really shouldn't complain.

And I urge all the Tiny Toon fans out there to write to Warner Home Video about certain episodes being the longer versions (I've specified them in my sig).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I sympathize. There are certain tv episodes and movies, I wanted the longer version as well. But try arguing that with a DVD/TV producer?

James Smith

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
I've never seen Freakazoid, but I will be getting Tiny Toons. I wish they would finish up Animaniacs.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Weird, Something from Tiny Toons just popped into my head for some reason while I was getting ready for work and now here's the annoucement.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Can't wait for Tiny Toons. Always been a huge fan of that and Animaniacs.

I have to agree the cover art blows, but atleast it's finally coming. Can't say I dig the flipper fourth disc.. but eh.

Speaking of which, where's the final Volume of Animaniacs?? We're almsot done!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Still no love for Taz-Mania? I always thought that was the one that best captured the Looney Tunes flavor, despite (or because of) being the one that spent the least time talking about it, but it seems to be all but forgotten.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
They might've canned the last Animaniacs set for "low sales". However, if that is the case, why would they be so eager to move on to the other, less marketable Speilberg shows?

Matthew H

Second Unit
Tiny Toons has a larger following than Animaniacs.. atleast I've always thought they did. But they only have one more Volume left, that's so silly to abandon it now!

I agree that Taz-Mania needs a release.

"A blah blah blah and a yakkity schmakity."

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I also wish they'd finish off Pinky & The Brain.

With 35 episodes on the first collection, Tiny Toons would require two additional volumes to complete the series (I think there were about 100 episodes).

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
The only way in which you could consider Pinky & The Brain not finished is if you are talking about Animaniacs Volume 4. All 66 episodes made for the separate Pinky & The Brain series are out on DVD. The final 24 episodes of Animaniacs remain missing, but I don't think there was much P&TB among those episodes. So, other than a few shorts, your wish is already granted.

I'd also love Taz-Mania on DVD. Any episode with Bob is and always will be lots of fun.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
That era did slip my mind (or perhaps my unconscious mind blocked it out). But it is technically a different series, so it's not that they'd be continuing to release an already started series so much as offering a spin-off. That one is a long shot, as the ratings were horrible and WHV must be aware of the resentment by a large part of the fan base. Whatever they sold for P&TB releases, they can and would count on a lower number for PE&TB. Our odds for getting A! Vol 4 is much, much better (or even Wacko's Wish for that matter).

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Why so little love for Freakazoid! in this thread?

Honestly, I’m much more excited at the prospect of a Freakazoid! release than one for Tiny Toon Adventures. To me, F! was the flat out funniest cartoon of the nineties – with so much humor that sailed over the head of the Sat AM kids that it left us WAAAAY TOO SOON!

What can you say about a series that has Bill Clinton, Barbara Streisand, Rush Limbaugh, Joan Rivers, Kate Smith, and Pinky and The Brain in ONE short cartoon? (“Freakazoid is History”)

Persons of note that actually performed voices in this series included Ed Asner, late night TV’s Craig Ferguson, Ben Stein, Ricardo Montalban, Stan Freeberg, and David Warner (Ra’s Al Ghul of Batman Animated). I’m certain I’m leaving some folks out.

There’s also a wicked piece of work by famed writer Paul Dini on “nerds”. And you will NEVER AGAIN hear the old “Theme from a Summer Place” (If you don’t recognize the name, you’ll know it when you hear it!) without thinking of “Relax-O-Vision”.

If we manage to get to the Second Season – and remember that REQUIRES OUR SUPPORT – we’ll see a regular role for Jonathan Harris of Lost in Space, and witness Freakazoid, Wacko Warner, and The Brain argue with Steven Spielberg over who is his favorite!

Anyone who has never seen F!, or has not seen it recently, owes it to themselves to get this set.

That said… why, oh why did WHV not make this a “Complete Series”, as there were only 11 episodes in the Second Season. AND, there’s “two halves” of repeats in the set as it is. But, I’ll be waiting to get this one regardless!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry, Joe- I love Freakazoid! too! My favorite episode was the one with Ricardo Montalban as guest villain Guiterrez- hilarious!

As for Tiny Toons, I'm looking forwards to that one, too- especially the Sunset Boulevard parody with 'Elmyra Desmond' and Hamton as Erich von Stroheim!

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

I suspect that the problem is with the fact that every set of a TV show sells less than the previous one. (This is true for all TV shows, no matter what: the first season set is always the one that sells best, and every subsequent season sells less than the one before.) So while Animaniacs volume 1 sold well, if you factor in a level of sales that's below Volume 3, a fourth volume might not make back its money.

Tiny Toons volume 1 may not sell as well as Animaniacs volume 1 -- though it might -- but it will certainly sell better than Animaniacs volume 4 would.

I think that's why WB is releasing more episodes in the TTA volume 1: if it sells well, they can release the whole series in only three volumes, which would make it more cost-effective to get the whole series out.

But yeah, I'm mostly excited for Freakazoid! here. Please, please, please buy it so we can get the whole series.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Never gave Freakazoid a chance so I have no comment. Having said that, DVD is the perfect way to get to know the Freak.

Great news about Tiny Toons. Like one member mentioned above, I too was thinking of Tiny Toons a day before the announcement - Twilight Zone moment.

I hope they release the incredibly hilarious Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation as a bonus to one of the sets. I loved that picture.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
Believe it or not, I still have Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation on VHS. I absolutely love it, it is hilarious, especially the parts featuring Elmyra, the jungle's most dangerous predator and Shirley's date with Foulmouth! Tiny Toon Adventures is my favorite cartoon from the nineties, I even had the first Nintendo video game (never found the second one, and this was in the days before the Internet). I usually don't buy animated series, but I may make an exception for that one.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Anyone excited to be able to relive the Particle Man and Istanbul music videos on TT TV? :D

As for Freakazoid!, I never got into it.. not because I didn't want to, it was just one of those shows I never got around to watching. Chances are I'll get this, too.

I really wish they'd finish up Animaniacs.. we've come this far!!

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

My favorite quote from Guiterrez, "Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins."

I'm looking forward to TT and my favorite cartoon, Awful Orphan featuring Elmyra and Sneezer.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
They won't be on the first volume, unfortunately. If you can't wait, they are available on the They Might Be Giants "Direct From Brooklyn" DVD though! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks