What's new

Poor Rick Astley (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
You don't know how many times today I have been, as I hear it called, Rick Rolled.

Is there something I am not getting? Why is everyone dissing poor Astley?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's hot right now, because YouTube did it on their main page for April Fools. All of their Featured Video links take you to Never Gonna Give You Up.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Based on the Wikipedia article, it sounds like he's taking it in good humor. :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He'll almost definitely get some sales out of it, so no harm done. In fact, it led me to watching Together Forever, and I'm getting the "others watching this video" indication. That's not usual for an older song. And, there are tons of comments about this song from today. He's definitely getting a boost out of this, and it's spilling to his other songs.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's great that he's a good sport about this thing going on. I was surprised when I first learned he was being poked fun of since I always thought his music was great and he sort of a cool guy. But then I got rickrolled myself and saw that video for the first time in many many many years. Wow, how quickly things can change over a few years. All and all, I think it's a funny idea...made better since Rick himself doesn't really care as long as his daughter doesn't get a lot of flack from it. Hell, maybe Ashley is a cool guy since he's thinking about his kid and not himself so much. :emoji_thumbsup:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I heard that from another room and thought..."the hell...?" I thought they just had him as entertainment since he was suddenly popular again. Something lame like that. Haha! But rickrolling the parade was awesome.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That was great! I was surprised they actually got him in-person as I thought I'd read somewhere that he was somewhat phobic about air travel.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Actually, I'd love it if Astley just started "Rick Rolling" live events himself.
Well....I might love it a couple times, then I would be way too cool for the room about it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hey! I've got the perfect idea. Zeppelin is supposedly reforming without Plant. How about Zeppelin + Astley? Brilliant. "It's been a long time since I RickRolled!"

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Rex, fyi, bright peach text on light gray is unreadable, at least on my monitors.

I've never been "rick rolled", but I liked that song in high school, and of all the unexpected things a person could get by email, a Rick Astley song is pretty good one.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I suppose he's still making some royalties off the song, so it can't be all that bad, but can you imagine how boring it must be to keep singing the same song for 20+ years?

Sounds like he's still singing, but I bet at every appearance people want to hear those pop hits he had early on.

I remember Streisand saying she didn't like to sing some of her early hits at concerts, but that's the stuff people want.

Sounds like he's got a pretty good attitude about things and is having fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks