What's new

Queen+ Paul Rodgers announce 2008 tour to support new album (1 Viewer)

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
Is john deacon still with them?

I must admit, I love Queen, but I haven't been interested since FM died. I wish they'd call themselves something else besides Queen + Paul Rogers.

Oh well.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
John Deacon retired in 1997 so he's not around.

I have no problem with them going under the Queen+ Paul Rodgers moniker.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Perhaps they should be Queen + Paul Rogers - Freddie Mercury - John Deacon = Something Else

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I had given up on seeing Queen live...but maybe if they come to Canada I'll get my chance. I'm going to see Mark Knopfler this summer so that'll hold me over for a little while.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I saw the Paul Rodgers Queen just once, on some awards show, and it was disturbing. Aside from too-much-sun face, he tries too hard with the Paul Rodgers affectations and ruins the songs for me.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
If you haven't seen it yet, their performance of the song "C-lebrity" is posted on YouTube...and I REALLY like it! A little more rock-oriented... (think along the line of "Headlong" for instance).

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
My initial impression of "C-lebrity" wasn't terribly positive. It's an "ok" song but I hope they're not planning on releasing it as the first single for the new album. Speaking of the album, if "The Cosmos Rocks" ends up being the actual title, I'm gonna shave May's head. Insipid.

I dunno, I was holding out for that promised "Queen+blues" combo they kept talking up, something similar to what Queen and Paul sounded like when performing the old Free chestnut "Fire & Water" (which you can find on youtube as well, taken from their "Super Live in Japan" DVD.) That was just an astounding performance. Eh....we've only heard two songs from the album to date (one of which, "C-lebrity," was live) with "Say It's Not True" being the strongest so far so maybe the other tracks will enliven the festivities.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't like how dated the lyrics to C-Lebrity are. Critiques of reality shows and the like just aren't original any more. It just felt like filler.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I wish they'd call themselves something else besides Queen + Paul Rogers.

They do- they call themselves something else besides Queen + Paul Rodgers. :)

I don't get the objection; if they wanted to deceive people they could just call themselves Queen, like a lot of other bands would do.

Has anyone seen the tour? It didn't come within 200 miles of here.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I saw them on tour in 2006 and really loved it. No, it's not how I would have wanted it...I would prefer to see Freddie again...but it was a lot of fun. One nice thing (and something I DIDN'T enjoy about the original tours) was that Roger and Brian got to sing more. I never understood why Freddie did vocals on many of the songs those two had recorded.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This isn't a criticism of anyone on this thread, but I can't believe how sensitive some of the Q+PR fans are on YouTube. Someone says they don't like C-Lebrity (not me, I didn't comment at all), and everyone jumps on him, saying, "You're a Paul Rodgers HATER!" I've actually been a fan of Queen and Paul Rodgers the same length of time, and have seen Paul live. I just don't think they complement each other particularly well.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

I think it just depends on the song. Have you seen their performance of "Fire & Water"? They do more than compliment each other, I think they proposed marriage!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks