What's new

Band of Brothers Blu-ray In Works for 2008 (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Agreed. This will be one release where I don´t complain the price! Probably "nr.1" on my Blu-ray "wish list"!

Let´s hope that the old extras are included and some HD exclusives also. Think about it; "trivia/timeline" track with real historical info (expanding the experience), PiP, etc. :)

(I have actually taken the "real BoB tour" in Normandy, France, following the real historical locations. It was great experience for me..)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the post, Paul! I was also interested in the news on the DVD release of John Adams. I have already sent the link to my wife as a Father's Day gift idea hint! :D

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
:emoji_thumbsup:

Hopefully, they will offer some sort of upgrade rebate on top of reasonable pricing like Disney does. :D

_Man_

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Based on Amazon at the moment, "The Sopranos - Season 6" Parts 1 & 2 (Blu-ray) are roughly $90/each*..

So my guess is that BoB won´t be cheap..

Then again, the Japanese HD DVD-set has "We Stand Alone Together: The Men of Easy Company" -documentary (77 min) + some trailers/biographies and DTS-HD High Resolution 5.1-audio (AVC MPEG-4 codec), so I would assume that this upcoming BD-set will have PCM (like "The Sopranos") and more extras than the HD DVD-set..

Let´s hope at least. ;)

(*HD DVD-versions are now lowered to $56.49, btw)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I will be all over Band Of Brothers as soon as it comes out! :D

For some stupid reason I never got around to getting the DVD set so it will be awsume for it to hit Blu-ray! :emoji_thumbsup:

I am hoping that the Blu-ray edition of Band Of Brothers will have the full blown DTS-HD MA track on it.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Well, I couldn't wait any longer and forked out the 2 bills that was required to buy the HD DVD set. I have to say I thought long and hard about it. As soon as I placed the order, I felt immediate regret. I thought to myself...what did I just do? Don't tell the wife...she'll have a coronary.

Flash forward to yesterday and after viewing the first two discs (4 eps total), I have to say it is worth every penny and nickel and quarter....
The picture quality on this set is perfect. Absolutely perfect.
Audio is no slouch either. The DTS-HD HR track is enveloping, dynamic and totally immerses you (when you combine the perfect picture you're viewing) back to a time which I will never fully understand or appreciate.
I am so glad I purchased this set. I'm the type of person who will admit to a bad buy when warranted. This is not the case here.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
'300,' 'JFK' Lead Warner Blu-ray Fall Catalog Brigade | High-Def Digest

"Finally, Warner/HBO also reiterated their announcement earlier this year that the award-winning epic miniseries 'Band of Brothers' would be making its much-anticipated high-def bow this year."

edit: Some info also here..
Blu-ray.com - Details Revealed for Band of Brothers Blu-ray

"Expect the release to come in a tin packaging, similar to the existing DVD release. Episodes will be digitally restored for this release and the soundtrack is expected to be encoded in DTS (though, the flavor has not been revealed).

All bonus material from the DVD release should make it to the Blu-ray, but there will also be some exclusive Blu-ray content, such as BonusView interviews with surviving members of Easy Company."

BonusView interviews with surviving members of Easy Company? Goddamn! Let´s hope that it´ll be true..

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

I am willing to be that the Blu-ray version will be using a DTS-HD Master Audio track. To my knowledge the majority of the DTS lossless titles on Blu-ray are the MA flavor. Band of Brothers is one of those titles that I will buy the day it is released. Along with Saving Private Ryan and all the James Bond movies. ;) :D

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I know that all the HD DVD'ers were all hyped up (& most paid a lot of $$$ for this) about "BoB" from Japan. I all so know it looked & sounded better according too them.
For those that know: is this a "must" upgrade from the SD?
I mean the SD looks & sounds "gritty" good.
Would this be a "must buy" like "BotB".
Thanks & NO fights!

Now w/the extra extra's on Blu, this may be moot!
Although I have the SD (I've even watched it!); this will be some serious cash.
I'm predicting $85US or more street.
That's a lot of single title "movie money"! ;-)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Calm down, Ed. Check the HD DVD screenshots before getting folks all riled up. Dollars to donuts that means a new HD transfer. If they kept in the grain for the HD DVD version, I see no reason for them not to do it here.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I'll pay HBO prices so long as we don't have to look at a bunch of ugly, distracting grain. And maybe they can pump up the color so everything won't look so drab and boring. :P

Oh, and...no "3D pop" = no sale!

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

This "BoB HD DVD"-hype was so strong partly because it was very exclusive, import-release (and which cost serious money when HD DVD was still kicking). Sure, I´m sure it was very good, but still..

Like I said earlier:

Japanese HD DVD:
*"We Stand Alone Together: The Men of Easy Company" -documentary (77 min) + some trailers/biographies
*DTS-HD High Resolution 5.1-audio
*AVC MPEG-4 codec

Upcoming US Blu-ray (NOT CONFIRMED):
*"All bonus material from the DVD release should make it to the Blu-ray, but there will also be some exclusive Blu-ray content, such as BonusView interviews with surviving members of Easy Company."
*DTS-HD Master (?)
*Tin case

I would say that the US-release will clean the table eventually. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks