Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

No audio on some channels with Panasonic Plasma... ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor

• 611 posts

Posted March 29 2008 - 11:30 AM

My parents have a Panasonic TH-42PD60U plasma television. The set is connected directly to cable via coax (local cable co.). They also have a DVR connected, but I believe that's connected via component cables and stereo audio cables.

Just recently it began giving trouble. Some channels have no audio but put out a normal picture. Other televisions in the house put out audio to every channel, so I have to assume it's not the cable's problem.

I turned on the DVR and watched tv through that ('component 1' video setting) and every channel has audio when watching live through the DVR.

I'm stumped. I unplugged the tv for a minute and rechecked all the connections. I even went through the channel programming guide to re-program all the channels, but the problem remains.

Any ideas?
Mr. JBL has made my first home theater possible.

#2 of 4 Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor

• 611 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 05:29 AM

Well, nevermind. Posted Image It appears that all channels now have audio. I have no idea what the problem is/was, but I guess I cannot fix what's not broke.

#3 of 4 plasmasown

plasmasown

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hi, it is because some channels broadcast 2 different languange options. Hit the SAP button on the remote to cycle through them as some of them are silent. Not all channels have this but it is likely that the ones that have no sound are set on the wrong one. I did have experience with this problem and it solved it.

#4 of 4 Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor

• 611 posts

Posted April 07 2008 - 05:58 AM

Thanks for the reply, plasmas. I played with the SAP button and you are exactly correct. It's good to know. Posted Image

Such a simple resolution to a frustrating problem!