Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

For Fans Of Olivia Newton-John

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 07:24 PM

I was looking at some old videos recently featuring one of the best (and sexiest) singers to ever pick up a microphone--Olivia Newton-John--and thought others who have enjoyed her music might also enjoy this "tribute" type thread highlighting her talents.

What's not to love about this beautiful woman from Aussie-land with a beautiful voice? (She was actually born in England, on September 26, 1948, but she was raised in Australia.)

Here's a sampling of some Olivia magic (including her eye-catching live performance of "Magic" in 1980):

"MAGIC" (1980)

"MY LOVE IS ALIVE" (1976)

"TAKE ME HOME, COUNTRY ROADS" (1972)

"A LITTLE MORE LOVE" (1978)

A '70s TIME WARP! OLIVIA, ABBA, & ANDY GIBB ON STAGE TOGETHER

I often wonder where in the world people get a lot of the old videos that pop up on YouTube? Some stuff on there seems incredibly rare and hard-to-find. Like this next entry, which is one of my all-time favorite Olivia tunes, "IF NOT FOR YOU". This video shows us a very, very lovely (as always) Olivia at age 23 in 1971:

"IF NOT FOR YOU"

Another rare video has George Harrison singing that same song in a duet with Bob Dylan in 1970 (in an outtake done during the famous "Bangladesh" concert). This video has nothing whatever to do with Olivia, but I found it an interesting video indeed, which fans of Dylan and the then-very-heavily-bearded Mr. Harrison should enjoy:

DYLAN & HARRISON

And another great old Olivia song -- "SAM" from 1975.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 08:01 PM

I've watched this one 7 times today already. (#8 coming up. Posted Image)......

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

• 666 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Von Pein

What's not to love about this beautiful woman from Aussie-land with a beautiful voice?

Ehhh, I guess I prefer women with both their boobs. I'm a boob guy. But she was smokin' back in the day.

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted March 26 2008 - 05:33 AM

Quote:
Ehhh, I guess I prefer women with both their boobs.
Gee, what a nice sensitive comment there. Posted Image

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

• 666 posts

Posted March 26 2008 - 05:49 AM

You want sensitivity? Hallmark Cards | Free Ecards, Greeting Cards, Fresh Flowers, Birthday Gifts, Keepsake Ornaments - Hallmark Cards have fun Posted Image

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted March 26 2008 - 06:47 AM

Reprise:

Posted Image

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted March 26 2008 - 12:09 PM

My earliest memories of Olivia Newton-John was from Two of a Kind. Ok, crappy movie but man, what a looker. She's still beautiful and her singing ability is top-shelf.

Bruce
The Mads are calling

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted March 26 2008 - 02:39 PM

Wow, I had such a crush on herPosted Image

I remember seeing Grease 11 times when it was in theatres ..... my parent's couldn't understand why the 3 kids loved it so muchPosted Image

I was 10 when it came outPosted Image

Brent

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,539 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 03:10 AM

"Magic" has been playing in my head, and it's all your fault, David. Posted Image

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
"Magic" has been playing in my head, and it's all your fault, David. Posted Image
Well, then, allow me to plant it a little deeper into your head: Posted Image

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,909 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 27 2008 - 12:29 PM

A Little More Love is probably my favorite.

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,980 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 02:06 PM

Deeper Than the Night is one of my favorite Olivia songs. I also like some of her earlier, country songs like If You Love Me (Let Me Know) and Let Me Be There.

I was twelve when Grease came out and everyone in the neighborhood and I would go see it two or three times a week when it was playing in town. I think we all saw it around ten times altogether.

Hell, I even went to see Xanadu when it came out and, although the movie sucked, Olivia was beautiful and the music was great.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 11:04 PM

I work for a Japanese company that opened in 2002. The president and senior engineers came to the USA to get the factory started. One day I had to go on a road trip with the president to visit a customer. I was apprehensive of riding in a car for 2 hours with someone who barely spoke english. We got going and ran out of things to talk about quickly. He asked if I wanted to listen to music & I said yes wondering what a 55 year old Japanese man listens to. Much to my surprise he put in Olivia Newton-John's greatest hits! Turned out not to be such a bad trip after all.
My favorite is Have You Never Been Mellow.

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted April 19 2008 - 08:24 PM

Forum Nav Content I Follow