Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amp/Splitter question for cable TV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   steve_jk

steve_jk

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted March 24 2008 - 12:41 PM

Several years ago I bought a radio Shack 4 way amp/splitter. The picture on TV's connected to the output from this amp/splitter have been getting poorer, so I think it's time to replace it. But I wanted one that allows a signal to be sent back thru (if I ever got On Demand for ex). So I'm looking for any recs for a 4 way amp/splitter.

I also need some advice on how my cable is split through the (split-level) house. The input line from outside comes into the far corner (over the house on the slab ) where it goes into a 4 way (non amp) splitter. One output snakes all the way into the basement then up into the attic where it goes into the RS 4 way amp/splitter. It's the picture I get from the output of this amp/splitter that's getting worse (on all outputs from it). Unfortunately, the new addition is fed by one of these outputs so I need to get a better signal there.

I'm thinking of getting rid of a few of the cable outlets in the house. The picture on the outputs from the 4 way (non amp) splitter are good, so I think I'm just splitting the signal too much. I figure I should dig into the wall to get to the 4 way (non amp) splitter and remove it such that the original input line gets to the basement where I can feed it into a new amp/splitter and then feed to it the places I really want it.

thanks for any input