What's new

BMWfilm.com Presents The Hire - anyone got defective discs? (1 Viewer)

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Okay, so a couple of years ago a friend of mine ordered a couple of copies of The Hire when BMW offered them for shipping cost. This was the third version of the films, including The Follow, and all of the first and second seasons, so 8 shorts in total.

We haven't watched it in ages, and we both checked our copies a couple of days ago to fine that BOTH of us have copies where The Follow is unplayable. Can't even copy it off the disc to burn a new version.

Here's the intriguing thing. The t****nts that are online have a different file size than the discs we own, and I was wondering (since BMW aren't distributing the set anymore, nor have the shorts for viewing either!) if someone could hook me up with the vob file I need, in order to make a copy to actually WATCH again!

The downside is it's 0.99GB in size. It's VTS_1_04.vob

Anyone else have similar issues with their disc? To check, select the short for "The Follow" and if it plays, you're lucky (at least in my eyes!).

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mine is now unplayable. The one with Madonna (don't remember the title) is unplayable. Could not copy mine to do a re-burn either. Sucks.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
maybe we can all try to organize something so we can get whatever files we need from our now defective discs?

i mean, since bmw have removed most traces of the series from its website and all...

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I have a copy that someone gave me outside a concert in Atlanta. I haven't watched it since. I'll check it and see if it's playable.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Jonathon, weren't the ones from BMW's site quicktime movies? I have some of them on a CD somewhere. Can they be converted to MPEG2 files? The ones I have are Ambush, Chosen, Star, Powder-Keg and Hostage. I think at the time that The Follow was not available.

Tim RP

Stunt Coordinator
I've got both complete discs: the original/first pressing jewel case release which included The Follow (which was subsequently removed) and the second season keep-case release which included all films. I've not looked at them recently but will check tonight and report back.

Tim RP

Stunt Coordinator
I've got the same problem on the 8-film disc. The Follow wont play and Star plays but continually stalls. Can't extract the vob (01-4) either. Can't find the original season 1 disc atm but will dig it up - hopefully that one's ok...

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I saw these online years ago but never ordered the dvd but I would love to buy a Blu-Ray copy of the films.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Watched four of the segments on mine this morning and didn't see any problems; you guys had me worried. Pity they didn't do any more of these, as they're pretty enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks