What's new

Eastwood to STAR & direct another pic for Dec release! (1 Viewer)

Rob Foss

Stunt Coordinator
Move over Angelina Jolie's 'Changeling.' Is this a car movie, a western, another Dirty Harry, or something completely different? I'm betting it's the latter but, hey, read on ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clint to drive 'Gran Torino'
Actor to star and direct film for Warner Bros.
By DIANE GARRETT, PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Clint Eastwood will next direct and star in "Gran Torino" for Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures. Pic is skedded for a December release.

"Torino" marks the first time Eastwood has appeared on screen since "Million Dollar Baby," released in late 2004.

Details of "Torino" are being kept under tantalizingly tight wraps. Existence of the film, and Eastwood's role, were only revealed on Tuesday when Warner quietly dated the movie for sometime in December.

Producers are Rob Lorenz, Eastwood's partner at Malpaso Prods., and Billy Gerber. Exec producers are Jenette Kahn and Adam Richman at Double Nickel Ent.

It's unclear when the movie will begin shooting, or if it has already begun production. Eastwood is known for quick production turnarounds.

"Torino" means Eastwood will be theaters twice in a short period with films he has directed. On Nov. 7, Universal and Imagine open Eastwood's Angelina Jolie starrer "Changeling," a child abduction drama.

Eastwood last directed companion films "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters From Iwo Jima."

Also for Warner, Eastwood is set to direct Nelson Mandela pic "The Human Factor." That project is in development.

Eastwood to direct 'Gran Torino' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a Wiki link which may or may not be relevant:

Superga air disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It'd be a lot more plausible than Rocky going back into the ring was, and that turned out excellent. Dirty Harry's the kind of character that can only be improved by the limitations of age.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I think that this is plausible. Let's not forget how much Eastwood respected Don Siegel, Dirty Harry is Eastwoods second HUGE icon after "The Man With No Name" - Clint has already finished off his westerns career with Unforgiven, maybe he wants to end the Dirty Harry series right?

Clint has been working with WB to compile the extras for the new Dirty Harry boxset, maybe he became nostalgic for the character and the right script landed on his desk...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than seeing a badass new Dirty Harry movie in 8 or 9 months and then looking back at my first post in this thread and laughing at myself. :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Clint has always laughed when anyone brought up another Dirty Harry Film, he'd say: "What in a wheel chair" I doubt he'd do it.

I'd rather see another Western, maybe an Aged Rowdy Yates makes one more Drive...

Rob Foss

Stunt Coordinator
There's another version of events which is up on a few sites. Gotta say this one sounds a lot more likely:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Look they way Holywood remakes films the inevitable Dirty Harry Remake will happen one day, be patient. I Nominate Timothy "Deadwood" Olaphant who was channeling Harry in Hitman anyhow.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Eastwood looks bad ass in this movie, but I'm not sure what to think of the movie itself.

~T

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
two Eastwood movies before the end of the year. So awesome. I was looking forward to The Changeling but I'm really excited about Gran Torino.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Crap...that looks just great! I LOVE those kind of films! Sort of a "Death Wish" meets "Dirty Harry".

It is the kind of role that only Clint could make work. Well...maybe Robert Duvall. In any case, it looks great and I will be there!

townsend

Agent
Real Name
Scott
I watched the trailer of this new Eastwood movie and wasn't overly impressed.

Of course, I'm a big Eastwood fan, but some of my favorite stars (DeNiro, Pacino, to name two) seemed to act in less than compelling movies as they became older. I don't think they necessarily "lost their acting chops," but it might have been that they weren't offered good roles in good movies. Whatever.

Here's hoping that this movie is well written, well filmed, and Eastwood comes through with a credible performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks