What's new

Crimson Tide (and other Disney) BR Rebate - Anyone have problems? (1 Viewer)

cleverland

Agent
Real Name
Richard
Disney recently offered a $10 rebate when you buy the BluRay version of Crimson Tide, The Rock and Con Air when you already own the SD Version. I sent in the information including the proof of purchase tabs etc and my letter was returned because the PO Box was closed. Have any of you tried to take advantage of this offer?:frowning:

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have success or issues with one of these rebates?

This is one of the BVHV titles with a $10 rebate for previous purchasers of the SD DVD. I sent mine in 2/19, and today it came back "Return to Sender" with a stamp on the letter saying that the PO Box was Closed.

I shot a note off to the BVHV BluRay site using their feedback form to ask what the deal was.

Hopefully it was just someone at the processing company with reading comprehension issues.

Brian

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

troy evans

Screenwriter
I've given up on rebates. For the most part they are a bunch of BS. I trade my older movies or movies I upgrade in at FYE or Game Stop for credit towards things I want. Stamps cost money and when my rebates don't go through or get sent back, I feel like I've wasted time and money. F**K that noise!

cleverland

Agent
Real Name
Richard
Brian, I followed your link and also send a not to Buena Vista. Your original note was send just a couple minutes ofter mine and Micheal was working on my title (Thank YOU Micheal). If we get an answer it should be interesting because this deal was supposed to run until 12/31/08. Buena Vistas customer service and support has been excellent in the past.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The other title disappeared, because I used a variation of your title for the combined thread. But, as noted, the threads were posted at about the same time, which is probably why it didn't show up on your search. It happens.

M.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
There's a much more informative thread about this issue over at AVS that I've been participating in and in a nutshell these $10 rebates are a huge clusterf**k. I bought all 3 Blu-Ray discs(Con Air, The Rock and Crimson Tide) and previously owned all 3 films on DVD. The first 2 rebates(The Rock and Con Air) were returned because they said I didn't include the proper proof-of-purchase even though I sent exactly what they requested. Then today I received the Crimson Tide submission back because the PO Box was closed even though it was the same address that received my so-called incorrect submissions for the other 2 rebates. I'm calling their customer service(1-800-723-4763) on Monday and raising hell for the way I've been screwed around on these submissions. I'm also going to let them know I'll never buy another Buena Vista/Disney title if this is the way they do business. :angry:

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I'm one of the folks who posted over on AVS about having the rebate form for The Rock returned due to "incorrect" UPC/POP; was told to resubmit everything along w/ a letter explaining the whole situation to a different address. I did receive my rebate check a few days later...although I have no idea if it's for The Rock or Con Air (I submitted for both) since the check/stub doesn't mention anything as to which movie the rebate check is for.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Mine just came back the other day with incorrect address/no forwarding address. It was for Crimson Tide.

Tony, can you please provide that address?

Graham Perks

Second Unit
No problems with my Rock rebate. Even though the rebate period started a few days after I bought the BR disc... (glad they still honoured it).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

You're the only person I've heard of so far that has actually received one of these rebates without being jacked around in some way, shape or form. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

No problem, man. Hope you have better luck than I've had so far with these rebates.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Just got off the phone with the pleasant, helpful Melissa at BVHE Customer Service. (800) 723-4763. She said they do not know why some submissions to the El Paso p.o. box were returned :rolleyes. She did, however, confirm the Royal Oak, Michigan p.o. box as the new address to submit rebates to.

Given the issues some people are having, in addition to the general admonition of it being a good idea to make a copy of everything before mailing, I also think it well-advised to consider spending $2.65 in extra postage coin to submit your paperwork via Certified Mail.

They received mine on February 12; hope to be receiving the check in the next three weeks or so.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for the info, Paul.

BTW, did you ask her if the rebate is good for all 3 purchases or if it's only good for one of out of 3 (like some believe)? I'd rather not cut up the covers for 2 different titles, if they only allow one.

Thanks.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks