What's new

The Mist (1 Viewer)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Just wondering if anyone can tell me why there isn't a release of this, alongside the standard def version, in a few weeks time. Thanks.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"The Weinstein Company" doesn´t release Blu-ray-titles at this point. But let´s hope that they´ll soon.

Read this thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/..company-2.html

Dutch-company "Dutch Filmworks" has "Mist" on their release-schedule (I believe), but you never know. It has released (on both Blu-ray/HD DVD) some good titles in Holland.

So if you really want "Mist" now, you´ve to get the SD DVD-version..

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The two disc SE on standard def will also have Darabont's preferred black and white cut of the movie, along with what are supposed to be some really good features. This is gonna be a hard one for me, as I would prefer to rent and wait for the BD, but all stores around me and both online rental services have a bad habit of only renting out the single disc versions of movies.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit

I'll be honest, I haven't heard of anything about Darabonts preferred black and white cut... could you elaborate anymore on that? Thanks.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Damn it! I am officially intrigued enough with this film to go 'slumming' with the SD DVD release. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have really enjoyed the previous 2 King films he has done and also liked
The Majestic.

i already have this at home and i'm toying with the idea of turning color down to watch it.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Well I have viewed the colour version and it's a fantastic film. I also have the B & W version too, which I am toying with to watch. On the introduction, FD says this the B & W is the definite version, a directors cut as it where, and he goes on to explain why he feels this. The DVD is fantastic - I'll admit it's a tough call wether to get this or wait maybe a year for the blu-ray... great extras 5/5!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
A struggle for me too. Loved the movie.

Ah who I am kidding - I'll end up getting the SD and BluRay versions!

willh51

Agent
Real Name
Will
This movie is fantastic, I just got the 2 disc and can't wait to watch it at home. It's just one of those that some people just couldn't handle in the theater.

The special features are extensive and FD introduces the black and white version (this was on aintitcool a month or two ago, too), apparently he wanted to release it like this but the studio nixed that. It's just the same movie in B&W, which IMO will be great, since it has an old horror movie feel in some scenes anyway.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I wish they didn't show the aliens or whatever they are on the commercial advertising the DVD. They certainly didn't show them before they released the movie in the theater. They also showing the undead in the DVD ads for I Am Legend. Why?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I agree on both of those counts, Dean. The BD of I Am Legend is on its way to me (as a blind buy). I feel like something's been taken away now that I've seen that DVD ad. The pre-theatrical release trailers of The Mist were extremely effective because you DIDN'T know "what was out there." Big advertising bungle, in my opinion.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
After going happily Blu, with the desire to never look back, I find myself in the lamentable position of buying not just one SD disc this week (THE MIST) but two (LOST HIGHWAY). Last week, I had to settle for the SD of SOUTHLAND TALES. I'd pay through the nose for the days of exclusive SD releases to pass.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Just watched this last night, it was fantastic and easily one of the best Horror films of the past 20 years. What a refreshing change of pace for a tired genre.

I'd love to pick this up if it were on BD but as for the DVD I'm still keeping to my "new films on High Def only" policy for now. I'll wait it out and if this doesn't get a BD release by this October I might just pick it up on SD, if I can get it cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks