TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So on the dvd of I Am Legend i saw a trailer for a new
Lost Boys movie, The Tribe.

Corey feldman is a vampire hunter in the flick.
Corey Haim also looks to be in it..
also Lindsay Maxwel as ...Screaming Girl

Lost Boys 2: The Tribe (2008) (V)

didnt see a thread on it yet so i thought i'd put it out there

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Both of the Frog brothers are back. Same actors. Who knows if it'll be good or not, because I've never heard of the writer or director. Their respective filmographies don't inspire confidence.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Being a kid from the 80s and a fan of the original, I was looking forward to this. The trailers do indeed look pretty terrible though. But the thing that has been the most interesting regarding this project was always the return of Corey Feldman and Corey Haim. Now I'm not one for the tabloids, but I've been pretty fascinated by the recent fights Feldman and Haim have been having (anybody been watching their show The Two Coreys?)

There were recent rumours that Haim had a meltdown on the set and caused a lot of problems. Well a clip was released of exactly that and I have to say it's pretty sad to see.. I was really pulling for the guy to rectify his career.

YouTube - The Two Coreys – Lost Boys Set Meltdown

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Damn. Feldman looks the same as always. Haim looks old as hell.

He burned his bridges with Warner Home Video? Is this DTV, then?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yep, I saw that trailer on the I Am Legend DVD as well......and groooooaned. :frowning: Although it is interesting that the 2 Coreys are in it....I'll most likely buy the DVD of the orig film instead. I still have a bought VHS and haven't watched in years.

I'll have to check out that meltdown when I get home. Sounds fascinating. Haim off the wagon again?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I watch the show, and Haim is a wreck. I actually think he damaged his brain on drugs. He acts like a 6 year old with ADD. Sad.
I think back to all those good films he was in like Lucas, and really believe he had potential to become a good actor when he grew up:frowning:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well said. Add Silver Bullet to that as well. Very likable actor and paired with Busey they looked like a real uncle and nephew.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
I noticed Amazon listing an R-rated version as well as an unrated one and according to them the unrated is 3 minutes shorter. Anyone know any specifics about the difference between the two?

(And yes, I know, it's not out yet but I thought I would throw out the question already while it is still fresh in my mind)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit

Don't know what the differences are, but the version I saw had some lesbian make-out scenes and graphic violence. This is NOT The Lost Boys of the 80's in many ways, and in my opinion an incredible disappointment. I have a full spoiler ridden review on my blog.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Hey Joe, I liked your review. Suppose I'll rent it, and skip to the end(being such a huge fan of the original..I have to) but I'm not buying it.

Your so right about Hollywood. Xmen3, and Spiderman 3 are glowing examples of "why should we try, people will see it regardless".

Joe McCabe

Second Unit

Thanks, and yeah, it's really sad when it's glaringly obvious that little to no effort was put in to a film. And if Haim is really the monkey wrench that was thrown in to this production, I would have rather it been shelved than to have this presented as a "sequel" to one of my favorite 80's movies. In fact, I would have been more satisfied with this "Lost Boys" tale if all original cast members were excluded and it was presented as a stand alone story. In a weird way, having Feldman in it, made it more of a sin in terms of bastardizing the name.
I'll be really interested to see what others think once they've viewed it.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Hi Joe,

I'm not going to read the spoilers but from what you have written here it seems all my fears have come true. Just watching the trailers prior to release gave me a reason for concern.

Bet there's a love fest over at the IMDB LB2 board though.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit

Actually after reading your post, I just shot over there.
Most are echoing my sentiments....but, I found that there's apparently also an alternate ending on the DVD to the one I saw...which quite frankly from what I read, wouldn't make anything any better.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Joe McCabe said:
Don't know what the differences are, but the version I saw had some lesbian make-out scenes and graphic violence. This is NOT The Lost Boys of the 80's in many ways, and in my opinion an incredible disappointment. I have a full spoiler ridden review on my blog.[/quote

Dude I was just about to read your blog on Lost Boys and then that video "Magic Tit's". I'm still laughing and I'll read it later when I can compose myself. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:]

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I rented this over the weekend...oh dear god...what a way to bastardize the original movie. I had low expectations going in just over the fact that this is a direct to video movie but it still managed to suck.

I've been watching "The 2 Coreys" on A&E and the episode where Haim is supposed to be high on something and screwed up his scenes was very interesting so I was hoping to see some of that on the screen but Haim is not even there! Not a sight of him in the actual movie even though it blatantly said on the cover "Cory Feldman and Corey Haim co-star". I only found him in the alternate endings for a few seconds!

Does anyone have any inside scoop as to what happened to Haim in the movie? I've heard that "The 2 Coreys" is a scripted show and not real and therefore I didn't pay too much attention to the episode where he f...ks up his scenes during the movie shoot because I thought that was all made up for the A&E show but now I'm not so sure. Why make a big deal out of both Coreys reuniting for The Lost Boys sequel if they ended up dropping one of them?

Also, in the alternate endings, there is this vampire driving a muscle car. Is he supposed to be the other Frog brother? What happened to him?

One more question: I believe in the movie, the main character says his last name is Emerson. Isn't that the last name of Corey Haim and Jason Patric in the first movie? So does that mean they're supposed to be relatives?

It looks like there was a lot of back story that got cut out but at least they should've fleshed it out in the DVD supplements. I don't recall seeing any of that, except for the short alternate endings.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Horrible film.

Andres, Haim does show up in the film, but only after the credits have started. It was a scene added in later (as he wasn't originally scheduled to be in the film). The alternate endings are just reworkings of the same scene (and all feature the guy in the car).

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
From my understanding, Haim raised a public stink about not getting into the project, and Feldman helped get him a small part. But indeed, he did prove problematic on his one day of shooting and the part was all but eradicated.

However, I have since read that there will be another DTV LOST BOYS sequel, and both Haim and Feldman will be in it, so it would appear that maybe between the shoot and the airing of the episode, Haim got his act together and mended fences with WB.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
After I posted here, I went to the movie boards over at IMDB.com and got some pretty good info there.

I don't get why a lot of movies lately feel the need to add scenes after the credits roll. They expect everyone to just wait and see if there's something there. I stopped the movie right after the credits started rolling and mailed it back to Netflix and totally missed this extra scene with Haim in it.

Luckily, someone at IMDB had a link to the scene from youtube. So Sam is a vampire now? I think I liked the alternate endings better with Sam coming to ask/offer help to Edgar and to warn him that his brother Allan is a master vampire and it's coming for him.

And I also read that there is a very good chance that a Lost Boys 3 will be made with Feldman, Haim and Jamison Newlander in the starring roles. Now THAT would be a Lost Boys sequel.

Although if what happened in "The 2 Coreys" last week is any indication of Feldman's and Haim's relationship, the chances of those 2 getting together for another project are very slim.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

It isn't really a spoiler. It is a 30 second scene that has nothing to do with the rest of the film. Just thrown on there to get people to watch it because it is Haim and Feldman.

Or you can thank Andres. He just saved you from spoiling 90 minutes of your life. Now you don't have to watch this poor excuse for a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks