Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PC to Mitsubishi Rear Projection

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DrSteve

DrSteve

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted March 13 2008 - 05:45 AM

Hi, I have a PC with S video, DVI and VGA outputs (1 of each), plus a single output for the sound card (standard 9mm jack) and firewire. I would like to connect the PC to my Mitsubishi Diamond series rear projection TV, which has component inputs, VGA and firewire. Distance between the two is around 40 feet once you take into account obstacles. What is the best way to connect the two? I am not looking for a media PC, I just want to be able to play downloads or in progress home movies on the TV without having to burn it to a disc first. Cheers! Steve

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,189 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted March 18 2008 - 05:20 AM

Does your Mits have HDMI inputs? If not you can get a dongle that goes from DVI to component and S-Video. An example of this is here and here.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Zembonez

Zembonez

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted March 24 2008 - 12:44 PM

Once you get a video feed from the DVI or S Video output, you'll still need to address the problem of no sound (simple patch cable from sound card). For wiring simplicity I'd consider installing the PC near the monitor and going with a wireless KB/M that you can operate from across the room. I agree that DVI converted to component should be the best way to go.
Zembonez "always evolving" HT / Denon AVR 3806 / Denon DVD-1920 / 2 Adcom GFA 545 II / Adcom GFA 535 II / Adcom ACE 515 Line Conditioner / 4 Vintage Advent 6003 / 2 Sonance S624T / Opt Pro Linaeum Center - 2 Image Dynamics DVC 12 Subs / 4 Layer Laminated Custom MDF Enclosure / Kimber & Grayson...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   DrSteve

DrSteve

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted March 27 2008 - 04:52 AM

Thanks guys.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Modify

Modify

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 29 2008 - 06:05 AM

Curious what you ended up doing with your setup as I'm in the same boat. I have a Mitsubishi WS-65311 65", and have purchased the DVI to Component adapter off of Ebay, and can only get mine to output in grey and white with a tint of orange. My TV's resolution never changes from 480i, no matter what resolution I choose in my display settings. Please tell me what video card you are using, what model of TV do you have, and if you got yours working? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users