Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

South Park: Season Twelve

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
143 replies to this topic

#21 of 144 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,489 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 27 2008 - 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
So is that going to be their comment on the whole Eliot Spitzer scandal?
I wish they had cut that because it already felt extremely dated. When the episode reruns in a month and a half, it'll be even more dated and when the DVD comes out in a year, Spitzer will barely be a memory.

#22 of 144 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 27 2008 - 08:19 AM

We were thinking of watching a movie, but it got to be midnight so we just put on South Park instead. Afterwards, I popped in Heavy Metal for a few minutes, just so my wife (who'd never seen it) would get the references.

We ended up watching the whole thing. Damn, I felt like I was 14 again. That flick is so gloriously ridiculous that I can't help but revel in its awesome badness. Ah, sweet teenage memories of Cinemax free preview weekends!

Even my wife, who is not even remotely a member of its target age range or gender, enjoyed it!

And the episode was cool, too. The cats-in-the-attic stuff had me rolling. Nice twist to have Cartman do something heroic for a change. Posted Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
I wish they had cut that because it already felt extremely dated. When the episode reruns in a month and a half, it'll be even more dated and when the DVD comes out in a year, Spitzer will barely be a memory.

Then it'll be a spoof of Paterson instead. Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#23 of 144 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,954 posts

Posted March 28 2008 - 03:51 AM

Just remember...

Cheesing is Fon To Du

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#24 of 144 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,508 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted March 28 2008 - 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
I don't know, the public figure confessing his sins while his wife stands stoically beside him has repeated enough times that you don't even have to relate it specifically to Spitzer. Sadly, it's a scene that has been pretty common in our recent culture. And as Aaron said, there'll be more in the future.

I did like Sheila's half-lidded squinty eyes and telling him, "Don't touch me!" Posted Image

Never saw "Heavy Metal" but still enjoyed the cheesing sequences. Posted Image

I think this has been mentioned before, but I re-discovered last night that all of Kenny's lines appear as actual lines in the closed captioning. Very funny, especially when he has a larger part like this week's ep, and you can't keep up with all the muffled lines. Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#25 of 144 Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted March 31 2008 - 02:36 PM

I loved the HM references. Made me think these guys would make a great HM sequel.
Mark F. Leiter

#26 of 144 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 03 2008 - 05:21 AM

OK, that was completely nonsensical, but it was still kinda funny. Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#27 of 144 Phil Kim

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
OK, that was completely nonsensical, but it was still kinda funny. Posted Image
I think it was a jab against no-longer-so-recent screenwriter strike. World Canadian Bureau had WGA initial (Writer's Guild of America), demanding Internet money.

#28 of 144 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,629 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 06:22 AM

The stuff from the youtube legends, like Afro Ninja, etc. was hilarious.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#29 of 144 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 07:25 AM

Any episode where they goof on the Canadians is good in my book. Nothing against Canadians, but I love the South Park depictions of them.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#30 of 144 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 03 2008 - 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Kim
I think it was a jab against no-longer-so-recent screenwriter strike. World Canadian Bureau had WGA initial (Writer's Guild of America), demanding Internet money.

Yes, that was obvious. Posted Image What I meant was that the satire was politically nonsensical.

On the other hand, calling the World Canadian Bureau the WGA was freaking brilliant.

#31 of 144 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,436 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 12:50 AM

I loved the Canada on Strike episode.

What..what..what in the butt.
Is going to be in my head all day.

Even though I love Family Guy, I loved how they called back to Cartman hating Family Guy, since that's all they had to watch instead of T&P reruns.

Now I'm going to have to look up all these Youtube freaks.
Finally got the Chris Crocker freak on South Park, like I knew they would eventually.

all-banner.jpg

#32 of 144 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 03:55 AM

Yeah, it would help if someone put the YouTube links here for all of us who are YouTube ignorant. I'm sure it would make the episode more enjoyable.

#33 of 144 seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hewell
Yeah, it would help if someone put the YouTube links here for all of us who are YouTube ignorant. I'm sure it would make the episode more enjoyable.

I pulled this off DVD Talk Forums. The original "What? What? In the Butt" is NSFW but the others should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainee
It's Numa Numa (10,000,000+ views)

Might as well paste in the others that I could identify (since I was looking them all up myself):

Samwell's "What What (In the Butt)" (8,150,000+ views)

Tay Zonday's "Chocolate Rain" (17,300,000+ views)

Tron Guy

tronguy.net: All about Jay Maynard, the TRON Guy (none of the youtube videos I could find seem to be the popular early ones that made this guy an "internet star")

Star Wars kid (5,660,000+ views)

Sneezing panda (9,380,000+ views)

Dramatic prairie dog (4,120,000+ views)

Crying Britney fan (Chris Crocker) (4,000,000+ views)

Laughing Baby (43,000,000+ views)

Afro Ninja (1,300,000+ views)

Not sure who the woman standing around, or the two guys in Houston Rockets jerseys, are supposed to be (if anything).

My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#34 of 144 ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 06:04 AM

The two Chinese guys in the Houston Rockets jerseys lipsynched to the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way." I'm at work, so I can't link to it.

#35 of 144 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillG
Any episode where they goof on the Canadians is good in my book. Nothing against Canadians, but I love the South Park depictions of them.

Mr too. They're completely ridiculous, but I still laugh my ass off every time. Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#36 of 144 Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 08:02 AM

This was a great episode and quite a bit better than the Britney episode.
All the "youtube specials" duking it out in the room was hilarious!!!
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#37 of 144 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 04 2008 - 09:06 AM

Geez. . .I didn't realize that What What In The Butt was a real thing! I thought it was just Butters. Posted Image

#38 of 144 Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 10:46 AM

I thought for sure that they would have two girls with one cup and everyone in the waiting room would be trying to get Butters to watch them and react... missed opportunity.

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#39 of 144 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 05:50 PM

Thanks, sean. I feel kinda deprived, now.

#40 of 144 Jim_C

Jim_C

Screenwriter

• 2,043 posts

Posted April 05 2008 - 03:31 AM

OMG, Crying Britney fan is unreal! Too funny. I wish I had known about it before seeing the episode. Butters video now makes sense to me but I really wish I hadn't seen that video.
You want to upgrade again?!!

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow