Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PS3 - any shooter games using keyboard and mouse?

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted March 12 2008 - 04:23 AM

We purchased an 80GB PS3 a couple of months ago and have been absolutely delighted with it. We've done a lot of racing games (got a Logitech wheel and pedals) and sports games but not FPS's. I've tried FPS's on the Xbox but can't seem to get my thumbs to do what my brain tells them to do. So using a controller in a FPS just isn't for me.

I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 can use a USB keyboard and mouse. I've been gaming with a keyboard and mouse for a long time so this seems like a logical next purchase. However I'm not sure if there are any PS3 FPS type games that allow for the use of a keyboard and mouse. Anyone know of any games?

Thanks.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#2 of 6 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 19 2008 - 05:19 AM

I think the earlier ones don't, but I'm not sure. I would guess that Unreal lets you use a keyboard and mouse, but again I don't know for certain.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 6 Fredster

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted March 19 2008 - 10:25 AM

Unreal Tournament 3 is the only PS3 games that allows the use of keyboard and mouse as far as I know.

#4 of 6 tysonschneider

tysonschneider

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted March 20 2008 - 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster
Unreal Tournament 3 is the only PS3 games that allows the use of keyboard and mouse as far as I know.
This is the most compelling reason for me to purchase the PS3. Second, is the free multi-player internet play. (I wont pay for xbox live!) Third, blu-ray player.

#5 of 6 Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 06:55 AM

Darn. I was hoping there might be more support. Oh well. I rented Ratchet and Clank the other day and am having a ball with it. It's kind of a "training aid" for my thumbs for when I get to Call of Duty 4.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#6 of 6 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 25 2008 - 07:35 AM

You could also try Stranglehold or Uncharted for practice. They're 3rd-person games, but the controls are basically the same as in 1st-person shooters. The 3rd-person perspective might help you get used to the controls.

And they're fun games! Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick