What's new

New Guy in need of 7.1 surround help (1 Viewer)

brendenz

Auditioning
Real Name
blah
I tried to post this earlier tonight, but Im not sure if it went through, so I hope this one works.

I recently purchased a yamaha htr-5760 7.1 receiver because i got a deal on it, but now I need speakers.

I went to best buy & circuit city, the first places I could think of, but they didn't have a 7.1 speaker system like they do the 5.1.

Can I puchase them individually? How would I go about doing that? I'm so confused...why aren't there more 7.1 packages?

The only other option is to purchase a "theatre in a box," and the only brand I can find is ONKYO. That doesn't work either, because they mostly all come with a receiver-and I don't want to pay the extra $ for that.

I don't have a lot of money to invest, so I'd like to buy them piece by piece if at all possible. Is there a place I can go to buy all 7 speakers and a sub? I want the best speakers for my specific system, but I don't know what specs to give you guys b/c I don't know what's important. I cant post a link to the specs either, the site wont let me. so i can only tell you the model: htr 5760

PLease tell me what speakers you'd buy, on a limited budget (around $300), and what sub would best match my receiver for the most "thunderous" sound output. Thank you very much!

mayhem13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
anthony
Onkyo sks-ht540 is a 7.1 speaker system only within your budget and available on amazon.com. In your price range,theres not much else. I would suggest building a speaker system in pairs as funds become available. Start with 2 fronts, a center and a sub. Even that will probobly run around $400 and change-Shop the internet for the best deals from reputable retailers or watch for specials from Big Box retailers

brendenz

Auditioning
Real Name
blah
is there any credence to buying a 5.1 surround system and adding the other 2?
If so, looking at the specs below, what would be a good 5.1 system for me?

AMPLIFIER SECTION
POWER RATING 1kHz @ 8 OHMS 7 X 110 WATTS
POWER RATING - 20Hz - 20kHz @ 8 OHMS 7 X 95 WATTS
THD (%) @ 8 OHMS 0.06%
LINEAR DAMPING FACTOR (20-20kHz) 140 OR MORE
PRE-OUT ALL CHANNEL YES
SPEAKER A/B SWITCHING YES
MULTI-WAY SPEAKER BINDING POST YES
PRESENCE CHANNELS SPEAKER TERMINALS YES
192 kHz/24-BIT DAC'S For All Channels YES
PREAMPLIFIER SECTION
DSP PROCESSOR YSS-930 (32 BIT)
BIT STREAM DECODER YSS-948 (32 BIT)
SURROUND PROGRAM 29 PROGRAMS
53 VARIATIONS
YPAO WITH MICROPHONE YES
ON-SCREEN DISPLAY YES
DOLBY DIGITAL 6.1 YES
DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 YES
DOLBY PRO LOGIC IIx YES
DTS ES DISCRETE 6.1 YES
DTS ES MATRIX 6.1 YES
DTS 96/24 YES
DTS YES
DTS NEO 6 YES
NIGHT LISTENING ENHANCER, AND SILENT CINEMA YES
ALL CHANNEL STEREO DSP YES
CONNECTIONS SECTION
DIGITAL INPUT 4 OPTICAL / 2 COAXIAL
DIGITAL OUTPUTS 1
COMPONENT VIDEO INPUTS 2
HDTV (720p/1080i) COMPATIBILITY YES
WIDE-RANGE COMPONENT VIDEO BANDWIDTH 5Hz-60MHz -3dB
A/V INPUTS 5 (ALL S-VIDEO)
VIDEO-UP CONVERSION UP TO S-VIDEO
AUDIO INPUTS 2
FRONT PANEL A/V INPUTS + DIGITAL INPUT A/V ONLY
EXTERNAL DECODER INPUTS 8-CHANNEL
ZONE 2 OUTPUT NO

MacD

Agent
Real Name
Dan McDuffee
Speakers are so personal but if you are looking at some options and can find them to listen to in your area, Polk makes a system in your price range. By default it is a 5.1 but their website indicates that they sell add on satellites to make it a 7.1. Found them on Amoazon for $250 for the 5.1 setup. Probably $300 +/- if you add on. Here is a link.

Good Luck.

RM6750 Product Page : Six-piece, 5.1 channel home theater speaker system : Polk Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks