-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Amazon.com: Misleading BR banner "ad"; BD flap case

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted March 09 2008 - 11:00 AM

I was browsing Amazon's Blu-Ray store and noticed that their banner at the top prominently says, "Save 30% on All Blu-Ray Discs." So I proceeded to go shopping, but some of the titles are only 7% off. I inquired and was told that the banner is incorrect and that it will be fixed immediately. I didn't want to order something, have it charged, and then contest it (would I win, though?). They said it's only applied to New Releases.

I don't know who manufactures the Blu-Ray cases with the flap that snaps shut but I don't like them. I have several that do not snap and stay. The flap stays opens even though the main case has its own snapping function. So why have the flap? Stick with the non-flap cases. That's just my little nitpick. Posted Image

#2 of 3 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted March 09 2008 - 12:52 PM

You can push that little flap in, toward the disc, and it will snap in place, never having to be used again.

#3 of 3 Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted March 09 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thanks, RickER. I started to push one of the flaps in and it wouldn't stick! I thought, "Oh no!" Then I pushed again and it stuck. - Keith