What's new

all in the family seasons 7-9 (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Nope. And I really want S7. I'll probably pass on the last 2 seasons, but I want the last season with the original cast together. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
Yes-let's hope this show gets finished off. I'm not much of a fan of the final season but seasons 7 and 8 had some gems including the Christmas ep where Meathead's draft dodging friend and Archie's pal (who's son was killed in Vietnam) come to visit and the ep where Archie and Meathead get locked in the bar's cellar and get drunk. Considering how big a hit this show was in its day it's ridiculous people have had to wait this long for it to be completed on DVD.:angry:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
redbird said:
Yes-let's hope this show gets finished off. I'm not much of a fan of the final season but seasons 7 and 8 had some gems including the Christmas ep where Meathead's draft dodging friend and Archie's pal (who's son was killed in Vietnam) come to visit and the ep where Archie and Meathead get locked in the bar's cellar and get drunk. Considering how big a hit this show was in its day it's ridiculous people have had to wait this long for it to be completed on DVD.:angry:
Mario, you're right. The Stivics stay till the end of S8. I was thinking it was S7. So I'll probably get all remaining seasons. And the draft dodger ep is great, isn't it? One of Carroll O'Connor's best performances, I think.

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
JohnMor said:
Mario, you're right. The Stivics stay till the end of S8. I was thinking it was S7. So I'll probably get all remaining seasons. And the draft dodger ep is great, isn't it? One of Carroll O'Connor's best performances, I think.
Yes-hair raisingly great and different from the usual Archie
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
redbird said:
. . . Considering how big a hit this show was in its day it's ridiculous people have had to wait this long for it to be completed on DVD.:angry:
:emoji_thumbsup:

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I had hoped to have the complete series on dvd by now. Logistically speaking, they need to finish off the series and release Season 2 of Archie Bunker's Place to explain the death of Edith. Beyond that, we probably won't see more of Archie Bunker's Place. But I hope I'm wrong about that.

Do you think Sony will skip this show altogether this year?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
In the draft dodging episode notice that Archie says "rotten, stinking war" when as his lips move you can obviously see them saying "goddamned war," which means CBS asked them to change it. This is odd to me, as they were allowed to say "goddamn it" twice before, among other things.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
MatthewA said:
In the draft dodging episode notice that Archie says "rotten, stinking war" when as his lips move you can obviously see them saying "goddamned war," which means CBS asked them to change it. This is odd to me, as they were allowed to say "goddamn it" twice before, among other things.
MatthewA, I was wondering if it wasn't changed for syndication purposes, after the network airing.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Not having been alive for that, I couldn't tell you. But considering that the other two occurrences of the word escaped unscathed, I would guess it was CBS's decision. At this time, there were a lot of complaints about the increasing levels of sex, violence, and profanity on TV. Norman Lear sued CBS for moving the show's time-slot into the Family Viewing Hour, which was struck down by the courts around 1977.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't expect another season of All in the Family until the end of the year. Sony has been releasing the sets at the rate of one per year. So expect Season 7 between September-December ...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes Sony the king of the Non Finished Seasons.. would'nt surprise me not to see another season but maybe they'll finish it. It's been what about 3 years since the original TJ Hooker Release (Hey the Show's cheesy but I just started getting Into it) And Don't forget that Lonely Mary Hartman release sitting on my shelf. Sony and Fox ,TV on DVD Hell.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The only studio that's TV-on-DVD non-Hell is Paramount, and they still need to stop cutting music and original logos, or they would be Heaven.

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
MatthewA said:
Actually, in the original broadcast, as well as the broadcast TV syndicated reruns for many years, Archie did say "goddamned". Ironically, I think it was TV-Land that censored it....along with cutting all the eps to practically unrecognizeable shreds.
I can't wait for S7 to come out (Hopefully sometime before I die!) as I haven't seen that ep in decades!!

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
MatthewA said:
The only studio that's TV-on-DVD non-Hell is Paramount, and they still need to stop cutting music and original logos, or they would be Heaven.
Yeah, Paramount is doing a great job with The Odd Couple, thankfully- If only idiotic Sony could do half as well with AITF.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
RichieMagoo said:
Actually, in the original broadcast, as well as the broadcast TV syndicated reruns for many years, Archie did say "goddamned". Ironically, I think it was TV-Land that censored it....along with cutting all the eps to practically unrecognizeable shreds.
I can't wait for S7 to come out (Hopefully sometime before I die!) as I haven't seen that ep in decades!!
I remember on the All in the Family 20th Anniversary Special they had a clip and it was "rotten, stinkin' war" and not "goddamned war."
TV Land showed uncut episodes from 1998 until January 1, 2000 when ratings were so good...they moved it to Nick at Nite and started cutting it!

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
That may be a good thing. Sony can't repackage AITF until they release those last 3 seasons. Hopefully those complete series sets will sell like gangbusters and give Sony incentive to finish off AITF, The Jeffersons, M w/ Children, The Partridge Family, Bewitched, IDOJ, Mad About You, and many others.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I went ahead and ordered ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE SEASON 1 even though I'd rememberd the show was lousy. Guess what? When I got the set and watched it, the show is STILL lousy -- even the Thanksgiving Reunion with Mike and Gloria.

That said, I'd still buy ALL IN THE FAMILY SEASON 7,8,9... and also Season 2 of ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE, at least to get the death of Edith episode and to have the characters come full circle, so to speak. But I'd never buy ABP beyond Season 2...

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
Joe Karlosi said:
I went ahead and ordered ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE SEASON 1 even though I'd rememberd the show was lousy. Guess what? When I got the set and watched it, the show is STILL lousy -- even the Thanksgiving Reunion with Mike and Gloria.
That said, I'd still buy ALL IN THE FAMILY SEASON 7,8,9... and also Season 2 of ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE, at least to get the death of Edith episode and to have the characters come full circle, so to speak. But I'd never buy ABP beyond Season 2...
I reluctantly purchased ABP too....although I never was thrilled with it back in the day. I just needed my Archie Bunker "fix" after having practically worn out my AITF seasons 1-6 discs already. To my surprise though....I've actually enjoyed the first two discs of ABP....but it starts to sink around the third disc.......and after looking over an online episode guide to refresh my memory of what the rest of the series was like....eeesh! But I will also try season 2....if it ever comes out!
Hey...any of yous guys love AITF, come check out my AITF forum- it's completely uncensored and alot of fun./..although usually off-topic. Find the address in my profile. (Not allowed to post URLs on the boards yet....)
-Rich (a.k.a. Gordie Lloyd)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks