Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

all in the family seasons 7-9

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 of 182 OFFLINE   Richard Ringenbach

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 03:04 AM

Has anyone heard any thing about "All in the Family" seasons 7 - 9?

Thanks!
Richard Ringenbach

#2 of 182 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,456 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted March 08 2008 - 09:17 AM

Nope. And I really want S7. I'll probably pass on the last 2 seasons, but I want the last season with the original cast together. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

#3 of 182 OFFLINE   redbird

redbird

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 10:57 AM

Yes-let's hope this show gets finished off. I'm not much of a fan of the final season but seasons 7 and 8 had some gems including the Christmas ep where Meathead's draft dodging friend and Archie's pal (who's son was killed in Vietnam) come to visit and the ep where Archie and Meathead get locked in the bar's cellar and get drunk. Considering how big a hit this show was in its day it's ridiculous people have had to wait this long for it to be completed on DVD.Posted Image
Death to double sided DVDs!

Hey Sony-continue our old shows or farm them out already!

#4 of 182 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,456 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird
Yes-let's hope this show gets finished off. I'm not much of a fan of the final season but seasons 7 and 8 had some gems including the Christmas ep where Meathead's draft dodging friend and Archie's pal (who's son was killed in Vietnam) come to visit and the ep where Archie and Meathead get locked in the bar's cellar and get drunk. Considering how big a hit this show was in its day it's ridiculous people have had to wait this long for it to be completed on DVD.Posted Image

Mario, you're right. The Stivics stay till the end of S8. I was thinking it was S7. So I'll probably get all remaining seasons. And the draft dodger ep is great, isn't it? One of Carroll O'Connor's best performances, I think.

#5 of 182 OFFLINE   redbird

redbird

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMor
Mario, you're right. The Stivics stay till the end of S8. I was thinking it was S7. So I'll probably get all remaining seasons. And the draft dodger ep is great, isn't it? One of Carroll O'Connor's best performances, I think.

Yes-hair raisingly great and different from the usual ArchiePosted Image
Death to double sided DVDs!

Hey Sony-continue our old shows or farm them out already!

#6 of 182 OFFLINE   Jeff_A

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

• 1,459 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird
. . . Considering how big a hit this show was in its day it's ridiculous people have had to wait this long for it to be completed on DVD.Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 of 182 OFFLINE   Robert13

Robert13

Second Unit

• 488 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 05:25 AM

I had hoped to have the complete series on dvd by now. Logistically speaking, they need to finish off the series and release Season 2 of Archie Bunker's Place to explain the death of Edith. Beyond that, we probably won't see more of Archie Bunker's Place. But I hope I'm wrong about that.

Do you think Sony will skip this show altogether this year?

#8 of 182 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted March 09 2008 - 07:08 AM

In the draft dodging episode notice that Archie says "rotten, stinking war" when as his lips move you can obviously see them saying "goddamned war," which means CBS asked them to change it. This is odd to me, as they were allowed to say "goddamn it" twice before, among other things.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#9 of 182 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,456 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
In the draft dodging episode notice that Archie says "rotten, stinking war" when as his lips move you can obviously see them saying "goddamned war," which means CBS asked them to change it. This is odd to me, as they were allowed to say "goddamn it" twice before, among other things.

MatthewA, I was wondering if it wasn't changed for syndication purposes, after the network airing.

#10 of 182 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted March 09 2008 - 11:57 AM

Not having been alive for that, I couldn't tell you. But considering that the other two occurrences of the word escaped unscathed, I would guess it was CBS's decision. At this time, there were a lot of complaints about the increasing levels of sex, violence, and profanity on TV. Norman Lear sued CBS for moving the show's time-slot into the Family Viewing Hour, which was struck down by the courts around 1977.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#11 of 182 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 11:18 PM

Don't expect another season of All in the Family until the end of the year. Sony has been releasing the sets at the rate of one per year. So expect Season 7 between September-December ...

#12 of 182 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted March 10 2008 - 02:09 AM

Yes Sony the king of the Non Finished Seasons.. would'nt surprise me not to see another season but maybe they'll finish it. It's been what about 3 years since the original TJ Hooker Release (Hey the Show's cheesy but I just started getting Into it) And Don't forget that Lonely Mary Hartman release sitting on my shelf. Sony and Fox ,TV on DVD Hell.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#13 of 182 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted March 10 2008 - 02:51 AM

The only studio that's TV-on-DVD non-Hell is Paramount, and they still need to stop cutting music and original logos, or they would be Heaven.

#14 of 182 OFFLINE   RichieMagoo

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 03:14 AM

Quote:

Actually, in the original broadcast, as well as the broadcast TV syndicated reruns for many years, Archie did say "goddamned". Ironically, I think it was TV-Land that censored it....along with cutting all the eps to practically unrecognizeable shreds.

I can't wait for S7 to come out (Hopefully sometime before I die!) as I haven't seen that ep in decades!!

#15 of 182 OFFLINE   RichieMagoo

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 03:17 AM

Quote:
The only studio that's TV-on-DVD non-Hell is Paramount, and they still need to stop cutting music and original logos, or they would be Heaven.

Yeah, Paramount is doing a great job with The Odd Couple, thankfully- If only idiotic Sony could do half as well with AITF.

#16 of 182 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 03 2008 - 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieMagoo
Actually, in the original broadcast, as well as the broadcast TV syndicated reruns for many years, Archie did say "goddamned". Ironically, I think it was TV-Land that censored it....along with cutting all the eps to practically unrecognizeable shreds.

I can't wait for S7 to come out (Hopefully sometime before I die!) as I haven't seen that ep in decades!!

I remember on the All in the Family 20th Anniversary Special they had a clip and it was "rotten, stinkin' war" and not "goddamned war."

TV Land showed uncut episodes from 1998 until January 1, 2000 when ratings were so good...they moved it to Nick at Nite and started cutting it!

#17 of 182 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 06:13 AM

Apparently Sony is too busy repackaging already released series.

#18 of 182 OFFLINE   Tony S

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 06:33 AM

That may be a good thing. Sony can't repackage AITF until they release those last 3 seasons. Hopefully those complete series sets will sell like gangbusters and give Sony incentive to finish off AITF, The Jeffersons, M w/ Children, The Partridge Family, Bewitched, IDOJ, Mad About You, and many others.

#19 of 182 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 10:03 AM

I went ahead and ordered ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE SEASON 1 even though I'd rememberd the show was lousy. Guess what? When I got the set and watched it, the show is STILL lousy -- even the Thanksgiving Reunion with Mike and Gloria.

That said, I'd still buy ALL IN THE FAMILY SEASON 7,8,9... and also Season 2 of ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE, at least to get the death of Edith episode and to have the characters come full circle, so to speak. But I'd never buy ABP beyond Season 2...

#20 of 182 OFFLINE   RichieMagoo

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
I went ahead and ordered ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE SEASON 1 even though I'd rememberd the show was lousy. Guess what? When I got the set and watched it, the show is STILL lousy -- even the Thanksgiving Reunion with Mike and Gloria.

That said, I'd still buy ALL IN THE FAMILY SEASON 7,8,9... and also Season 2 of ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE, at least to get the death of Edith episode and to have the characters come full circle, so to speak. But I'd never buy ABP beyond Season 2...

I reluctantly purchased ABP too....although I never was thrilled with it back in the day. I just needed my Archie Bunker "fix" after having practically worn out my AITF seasons 1-6 discs already. To my surprise though....I've actually enjoyed the first two discs of ABP....but it starts to sink around the third disc.......and after looking over an online episode guide to refresh my memory of what the rest of the series was like....eeesh! But I will also try season 2....if it ever comes out!

Hey...any of yous guys love AITF, come check out my AITF forum- it's completely uncensored and alot of fun./..although usually off-topic. Find the address in my profile. (Not allowed to post URLs on the boards yet....)

-Rich (a.k.a. Gordie Lloyd)

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow