Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lightbulb Sun DVD-Audio (+CD)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   FeisalK

FeisalK

Screenwriter

• 1,245 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

A brand new edition of the long out of print 2000 studio album by Porcupine Tree. The album contains the original studio versions of PT classics such as Shesmovedon, Russia On Ice, Hatesong, and Feel So Low, and has been lavishly revamped into a definitive 2 disc set.

Disc one is a CD containing a pristine remix / remaster of the album, while disc two is a DVD-Audio (playable on any DVD player) containing the album remixed into 5.1 surround sound (in DVD-A and DTS versions), as well as a 24 bit high resolution version of the stereo mix and the original 2000 mix/master.

Also included are 5.1 mixes of bonus tracks Disappear, Buying New Soul, and Cure for Optimism, which were recorded during the same sessions. This is the definitive version of one of the essential albums in the PT catalogue.

Preorder now - Shipping from 7th April only from the PT Store (This title is not on general release until 21st April).
>
DVD-A registry for hirez/surround audio
Bluray, DVD-Audio, DAD/HDAD, DualDisc, MVI

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jim_C

Jim_C

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 02:44 PM

I was about to post this but someone got here before me. Posted Image

Finally, I can get Lightbulb Sun! I can't wait!
You want to upgrade again?!!

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Rob M.

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 03:52 PM

FYI for anyone in the US, this will apparently be released over here and be significantly cheaper than importing. From PT.com:

Quote:
Please note that due to the very weak dollar we are unable to compete with prices at US retail outlets like Amazon, so to make savings on both the price and the shipping costs we do suggest that US customers wait until the album is officially released.

"So if you want my address it's number one at the end of the bar
Where I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars."

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Philip_T

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

• 876 posts

Posted March 12 2008 - 01:33 AM

Can't wait to hear this album in 5.1. One of their best offerings IMO.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   FeisalK

FeisalK

Screenwriter

• 1,245 posts

Posted March 12 2008 - 08:14 AM

update

Quote:
Update: For a limited time all copies that are ordered from the PT store will receive a bonus CD containing two rarities from the Lightbulb Sun era. "Novak" is an instrumental which was originally issued on the B-side of the 7 inch single of Shesmovedon, but which has never been released on CD before. "Buying New Soul (original instrumental track)" is the backing track as it was cut live in the studio by the band - at 14.27 it runs almost 4 minutes longer than the finished version since a whole section was removed before being overdubbed with vocals for release on the Recordings CD.

>
DVD-A registry for hirez/surround audio
Bluray, DVD-Audio, DAD/HDAD, DualDisc, MVI

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Jim_C

Jim_C

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts

Posted June 02 2008 - 07:15 AM

Having heard the hype for LS for years I was afraid it might not live up to it. Boy, was I wrong to think that. It's already right up there with In Absentia and Deadwing as my favorite PT albums and I've only listened to it once. I've got shesmovedon stuck in my head.

Now if they'd only re-release "Recordings" I'd be all set.
You want to upgrade again?!!

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted June 02 2008 - 08:50 AM

Need to pick this up, heard nothing but great things about it.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

Forum Nav Content I Follow