Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount: Apocalypse Now special edition

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 08:12 PM

I was very dissapointed when I saw the list of bonus features, or feature for Apocalypse Now Redux. This film deserves a special edition with bonus features. The story of the production of the film is interesting and would be great for a commentary track by Coppola. A special edition should also contain some of the deleted scenes that were not included in Redux. I have seen several additional scenes which Coppola said that they do not exist. I believe that Paramount also owns video rights to Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse. Hearts of Darkness is probably the best film NOT on DVD. It is as powereful as the film it is about. It should be released separately or in a box set of a special edition. Please consider this

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 03:34 PM

I'm bringing this thread back because I heard RUMORS that Coppola recorded a commentary track. Any updates?

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 05:20 AM

Hi

There was an article here in the UK in DVDreview I believe that had an interview with Kim Aubry of Zoetrope stating that they were planning an Ultimate Edition to end all versions and the reason for no commentary was that he just came off doing 9 hours of Godfather plus pressure from the studio for releasing it faster than they planned themselves.

I'll try and find the link

Oscar

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 02:29 PM

You're basically right. One day I'm sure this will get an elaborate special edition. Just not right now.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 06:04 PM

Ok, well I guess that is good news. Thanks, guys.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 07:34 PM

I will chime in and say that I will purchase Apocalypse Now for the third time, IF Hearts of Darkness is included. Anything less and I doubt I would buy again. Bruce
The Mads are calling

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 07:44 PM

Well, I think that a special edition should mainly include three things: Hearts of Darkness, Coppola commentary, and deleted scenes (not in the Redux version). BUT, I have heard RUMORS that Coppola does not want Hearts of Darkness on DVD. I can't imagine why, maybe it has something to do with his comments in the film about the French Plantation scene.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 12:10 AM

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply

Keep up the good work

Oscar

Posted Image Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Raymond Johnson

Raymond Johnson

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 01:28 PM

Count me in as a customer.....whenever it gets released! Though one other thing that would truly make it special is it's original 2:35 aspect ratio!

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 01:42 PM

[quote]

Though one other thing that would truly make it special is it's original 2:35 aspect ratio!

[quote]

I would love to see Apocalypse Now in its OAR too, but I don't think it will ever happen. I would blame Vittorio Storaro for cropping it.

More information can be found here:

American Zoetrope

and here:

Univisium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users