Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

True Blood on HBO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,400 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 01 2008 - 08:31 AM

Does anyone know when this series will start telecasting? I've been reading the books by Charlaine Harris and have enjoyed them all.

For those not familiar with these books, they are about a young southern waitress named Sookie Stackhouse who can read minds, except for vampires. Reading minds has been a burden for Sookie and she finds the blank book that vampires are to her, very attractive.

Oh, I almost forgot. An artificial blood, True Blood, has been invented, which means vampires don't have to kill people anymore and they have come out of the closet, gone public.

If anyone is interested in reading the novels, read them in order, start with "Dead Until Dark."
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Vlad D

Vlad D

Screenwriter

• 1,078 posts

Posted August 02 2008 - 02:40 AM

I think it starts in September. A must watch for me.

#3 of 8 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,320 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 02 2008 - 07:24 AM

HBO has put up a website (BloodCopy) that is set up like it's part of the True Blood 'universe'. They also have weekly 'reports' on On Demand too.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   josephmckinney

josephmckinney

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted August 02 2008 - 02:48 PM

Can't wait for September!

Alan Ball + HBO = Yet another hit!! Six Feet Under was a great show!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted August 04 2008 - 12:50 AM

I saw the pilot and didnt like it at all.

I'll tune in for the obvious reason thoughPosted Image

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,400 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted August 05 2008 - 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ
I saw the pilot and didnt like it at all.

I'll tune in for the obvious reason thoughPosted Image
How'd you get to see the pilot and why didn't you like it?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted August 11 2008 - 06:05 AM

I saw it on quizpoints. After you take the quiz it gave a list of prizes and one of them said "HBO Vampire Series Pilot". I dont remember where I found out it was available there.

There are no story spoilers here, but I put my comments in spoilers tags....

I really didnt like it. I realize its the pilot and were just being introduced to the characters, but I found them to be dull and uninteresting. Nothing interesting done with the cinematography (for a story that should have oozed atmosphere and mood) and the story dragged. One hour felt like 3 hours. The vampires were pathetic(no sense/aura of power). I understand the idea of making them more like everyday people, but they are supernatural creatures and they came off here as very weak. As Ive mentioned elsewhere, the pilot also had the most unintentially funny sex scene Ive ever seen.

I actually was suprised Alan Ball was involved with this. Ive enjoyed some bmovie vampire flicks more. My main issue is with the way the vampires are portrayed.

Theres plenty of time to fix things up as I saw it months ago.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted September 05 2008 - 09:05 AM

Anna Paquin+Vampyres+Louisiana = Calling DirecTV and telling them to turn HBO back on.
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-