-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anyone else like to see these 3 Fox films on dvd?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 RobertGr

RobertGr

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 11:35 AM

Hi

With all the great classics being released by Fox I would like to suggest these three films! Are there any other fans of these besides me of these titles, if so stand up and let's be counted!

STANLEY AND LIVINGSTON
HUDSON'S BAY
THE STORY OF ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL

#2 of 5 Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 12:38 PM

SUEZ, LLOYDS OF LONDON, THE MUDLARK, THIS IS MY AFFAIR, TEN GENTLEMEN FROM WEST POINT: These might be called "historical romances," but they may be no less accurate or dubious than the others mentioned.
Charles Hoyt

#3 of 5 RobertGr

RobertGr

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 01:08 PM

Charles

I totally agree on SUEZ and LLOYDS OF LONDON - I never saw the others you mentioned, who stars in THE MUDLARK? . But the titles would make a great "Historical Classics" box set and I would pre-order it immediatley if such a thing came to pass!

#4 of 5 Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 01:23 PM

THE MUDLARK is amazing film shot by Fox in England in 1950 with superb performance by Irene Dunne (the only American in the cast) who is almost unrecognizable as an elderly Queen Victoria and Alec Guinness as Disraeli. His 8 minute speech before the House of Commons is a tour de force. It is literally tragic that the film is not better known.
Charles Hoyt

#5 of 5 RobertGr

RobertGr

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 03:55 PM

Thanks Charles, I got to check out THE MUDLARKS sounds like a great little film!