Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WTB- small piece of grill cloth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Bayne

Jeff Bayne

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 08:38 AM

Hey guys, in my living room, i have a large cherry cabinet with the doors that open and then slide down the inside sides to reveal the TV. below the tv are slots for the receiver and DVD... Anyway, i have my FR, FL and center channel speakers sitting on top of the TV, but still inside the cabinet- there's just enough room. I'd like to make a simple grill bracket to cover all three speakers instead of seeing the individual speakers.

So, I need a piece of cloth about 12" x 48". I need it to be black- and very black, not like charcoal that could be considered black.

Let me know what you got.

Thanks,
jeff

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Tom Donaghue

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 09:58 AM

Have you considered looking in a fabrics store, Jeff? You should be able to easily find a suitable fabric for this in stores like Hancock Fabrics or Jo-Ann Fabrics.

While I believe both of these places have an online presence, I would want to see the material first-hand before purchasing it... -TD

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ErichH

ErichH

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 02 2008 - 07:08 AM

Black Ponte at Handcock - Material of choice for 1000s of DIY speaker makers. Available on line and local for about 6-7 bucks a yard - 52 inch width. Material is a double knit poly - very easy to stretch.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Chuck_W

Chuck_W

Second Unit

• 397 posts

Posted March 02 2008 - 07:16 AM

I agree that Joann's is the place to go. If you don't have a store locally, PM me...I might have some left over from a bass trap project.