• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 MikeH1

MikeH1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted February 26 2008 - 02:59 PM

I need a good software program that allows safe surfing for my daughter so that when she's looking for information on school projects and such that no pr0n and the like comes up.

Any decent, reliable programs that anyone uses? I don't know much about this so any info to point me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 of 6 Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted February 26 2008 - 04:16 PM

Here you go: K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filtering and Parental Controls Software

I haven't tried this software for myself, but I've heard very good things. Posted Image

#3 of 6 MikeH1

MikeH1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted February 26 2008 - 05:43 PM

Thanks Alon! Thats exactly what I need.

#4 of 6 VicB

VicB

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 10:49 AM

I have tried two - one called Web Watcher
Monitor Computer Use with Remote Computer Monitoring Spy Software and the other called by Spector Soft called eBlaster SpectorSoft - eBlaster for Windows

They both do pretty much the same thing - monitoring/recording keystrokes, restricting access to certain web sites (you specify), etc. I really like eBlaster. It sends automatic e-mails on whatever schedule you set. Web Watcher requires that you log in to view activity. Both are $99Posted Image

#5 of 6 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,056 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted February 27 2008 - 08:41 PM

I just use good ol' Firefox for my daughter's web browser and then set it up to require a password to go to any site outside of the ones that I have added to the list of allowable sites. You can also do this with IE. They also come with built in lists of sites to avoid surfing to by accident.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#6 of 6 Eric_L

Eric_L

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted March 05 2008 - 01:47 PM

I have service through embarq (sprint) and they have a free content filter which works quite well. We also have the computer in the middle of our living room so Jen and I can see what the kids are on at all times. I do still review the history on occasion.
Check with your own ISP - many are offering virus protection and parental software and the quality has gotten quite well. I've been impressed with embarq's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users